exhaust exit to the left

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
Now all... im looking at letting my exhaust exit out of the side of the bumper... 90 degreess to where it would normally exit if this makes sense... i went to a custom exhaust place today and they said it wasnt legal to exit to the near side... is this true??... im sure if seen some buses, van etc exit to the left.... he said the most id get away with was at 45 degrees to where it sits now, on the corner of the bumper... any advice greatly apprieciated

cheers

bluetoledo

Jun 4, 2009
i think its only illegal on vans,trucks and buses? i have seen loads of cars with dual exit and i used to have a saxo with cans pointy diagonaly out either side so that would have been pointing towards the near side. cops never said anything about it to me and it always passed mot's fine.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
from the top of my head i can think of 2 road legal cars that have exits down each side of the car... ones a viper and the other i cant remember :(

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
TVR-Sagaris-R.jpg

make that 3 cars, still cant remember the other

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
seen SVA tested westfields with sidepipes and NS exits too

*edit as seen above - LOL

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
As the topic title suggests, I was talking about diesel exhausts exiting to the pavement side of the vehicle. So that pedestrians don't get covered with soot (I presume).

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
i will try and find out this morning... i would be surprised if it was different for petrol and diesel
thanks for the input so far

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
ive tried searchin for a pick but nothing,

if you all remember the fast and furious 1 , vinces car a nissan primera (ITHINK) blue one when he spinns off down the street from doms BBQ , he had a nice subtle exhaust, a round pipe from side of his rear bumber - that looked nice -

but that was a petrol , cant see it mattering tho - ring a few custom exhauist centres to ask opinions and quotes - certainly would be different

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Diesels can exhaust to the left side but only if the exhuast is actually under the vehicle like on trucks and vans, don't think the tail pipe is allowed to stick out the near side curb due to pedestrians and all the black smoke ect....