removing egr valve

n11tht

Mar 17, 2009
under the bonnet
how long u been running yours m8,

finished cleaning mine tonight , its not gleaming but who cares its not in for too long ;)

need to see if the bigger picture is notcosting a great packet first :cry:

cheers

fitted it this morning and done over 200 miles today and i love it, 200 miles of empty b roads couldnt be more fun.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
im sure jabba sport said you can make it fit :confused:

Cut the OEM off the end of the pipe and shove the pipe inside the rubber bit like you would a silicone pipe. :) I've got one of these pipes ordered from Jabba - might have it for the weekend but will fit it when the hybrid turbo is being fitted. :)

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Here's my attempt on the EGR valve removal, straight through no restriction:

PDintakeEGR2.jpg

This is off a Passat PD130, so its much larger in bore to the 110TDI EGR. I will be routing all new boost pipework around the other way, so hence a manifold in the other direction :D

PDintakeEGR.jpg

I bored out the EGR on the lathe I have and turned down the standard boost pipe connection and put some groves on the outside ready for silicon hose and clamp!

PDintakeEGR4.jpg

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
morning all,
am trying to do this, but as noted removal is not easy.
i've got 3 of the four off, and removed the big pipe that comes out and points toward coolant tank.
that fourth though is a right tight arse. not luck at all. time for a cuppa and then another go.

what did people clean theres with?
where does the blanking plate? golf tee actually go? i've looked but can't picture the explanaitions. can't afford the race egr so not an option.

ta

[edit]
right i've undone for allen key bolts.
x2 horizontal
x2 that point upwards, but not shifting. then notice that tube goes down and there x2 here also horizontal. Are these the feckers i should have undone? not happy if so as hands are cut to shreds as two screws points inwards that rub against hands, and no chance i can undo the other x2 horizontal ones -> crappy cars and there stupid notions.
[/edit]

[edit]
more i re-read this thread the more buggered i think i am.
[/edit]

[edit]
fan bl()()dy tastic -> egr off
5 allen bolts need to be removed in all, ot 4 as have seen being mentioned
mine is so caked in soot after 90kthe flap is stuck at an angle and it has no chance of moving. stuck solid still in open position.
will try and post pics in a bit.
now to clean...
[/edit]

[edit]
unable to clean
it is going in the bin and being replaced -> the plate that should be attached to the bar isn't... and so caked after 90k it is thick and couldn't see how anything was getting through

pics: http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/189547111
i use photobox not bucket for upload, sorry if adds complexity...

so, anybody recommend a good egr valve bypass/race replacement???
seen egrvalve.co.uk -> thoughts please
heard jabbasport -> do they still do -> thoughts please
[/edit]

Last edited:

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Here's my attempt on the EGR valve removal, straight through no restriction:

PDintakeEGR2.jpg

This is off a Passat PD130, so its much larger in bore to the 110TDI EGR. I will be routing all new boost pipework around the other way, so hence a manifold in the other direction :D

PDintakeEGR.jpg

I bored out the EGR on the lathe I have and turned down the standard boost pipe connection and put some groves on the outside ready for silicon hose and clamp!

PDintakeEGR4.jpg
very nice, did you remove the diaphram and valve stem complete? reason I ask is that the "valve guide" has a steel sleeve- when cut approx 1/4" is left in the main housing -It may be possible for it to fall out when hot- wouldn't like to chance it :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members