Just cuts out.

130matt

Just picked up an Ibiza TDI 130. Slightly annoying as the test drive went really well. Took her home after the garage had serviced her, 12 months MOT and had a cam belt change. Well to the problem. I start her up she drives fine with no problems. Next day start her up idles for a few seconds then dies. Start her up again no problems. Sorry it's such a crap explanation but it really is a random. Any ideas where to start with this? I'm guessing it's a VAG COM job. The car does have a warrenty but it's an intermitant fault. What else can I do?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Had a problem like this on my old astra 1.7 cdti. It was a faulty camshaft sensor that was causing fuel delivery problems. Does it cut out when your driving as well?, mine used to at 50mph + only for some reason, it was pretty scary when it did cut out cos it was a huge jerk and then you had no power steering and the brake servo assistance stopped :(

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Just picked up an Ibiza TDI 130. Slightly annoying as the test drive went really well. Took her home after the garage had serviced her, 12 months MOT and had a cam belt change. Well to the problem. I start her up she drives fine with no problems. Next day start her up idles for a few seconds then dies. Start her up again no problems. Sorry it's such a crap explanation but it really is a random. Any ideas where to start with this? I'm guessing it's a VAG COM job. The car does have a warrenty but it's an intermitant fault. What else can I do?

Take it back to the garage...??

130matt

It's definately going back to the garage. But if someone said "It's glow plugs... change em or you'll end up stranded" then that would be useful. Will get it back to them asap.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.