"10k boost" in fr tdi 170. anyone tried this ?

fruitloop fr

I have a FR TDI 170 which has an erratic power delivery and poor mpg. (see my earlier thread :- "fr tdi over filled with oil".... YES, it still hasnt been sorted and its driving me mad !!!! )
I was thinking that the turbo veins could be sticking and was going to try "10k boost" which, apparently, could help.
Does anyone know if this could cause any problems with the dpf or cat, as it seems that it produces tonnes of smoke whilst spraying this into the inlet ?
Any other ideas would also be very appreciated.

fruitloop fr

Thanks for the info sssstew, but I'd already seen this thread..... it's what brought my attention to "10k boost" in the first place.

I've been thinking my problem could be sticking turbo veines for a while but the only product i'd come across that could possibly free up sticking veines was called "inotech"(I think ??) which was a bit involved for me to do myself as it involved filling the turbo with a cleanig gell and then flushing it all out later.
A spray in the intake sounds a lot more up my street !

Also, thanks for deleting my duplicate.....I couldnt find the "delete" button, did try though !

Any other suggestions ??................Anyone ?

Swig

Apr 30, 2009
sheffield
I've got some Ecotek Powerboost which I think is a similar product. Certainly applied in the same way through the air intake (after the MAF!).

I've not tried it yet though...

willives

Apr 20, 2008
Wiltshire or Spain
Put a can of 10k boost through my 110 today. All I can say is......WOW!! Its the best £20 I've spent in a long time. The engine has done 125'000 with a remap and larger injectors, so I thought I'd give it a go. Now, the engine is much much smoother, and it accelerates considerably better, and it pulls up hills like a train in 5th, that it never would do before. Excellent product. Just read the instructions, and don't spray the MAF like a colleague did.:headhurt:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.