Boost Issues / Boost Gauge Queries

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Hi All,

Having some issues with boost at the moment, done a vagcom scan and comes up with charge pressure control deviation, aka boost leak. I have found the leak in the intercooler and will replace this in a week or so.

I inatalled a boost gauge today and have a few questions:

What boost should a remapped Non PD motor show in PSI?
When should boost kick in and at what pressure?

The reason i ask this as i went for a drive and the car will hit 10 psi quite quickly, get to around 2000 - 2500 RMP and then boost drops to only a few PSI, it then gradualy creeps back up and will go as high as 15 - 20 but i think it will only go this far due to the boost leak.

Im sure the boost shouldnt just drop off at around 2000 RPM and it was my understanding that as RPM increases boost pressure increases, mine seems to fluctuate. Doesnt allways increase in pressure straight away and according to the gauge it looks like i have no turbo from 2000 RPM until nearly 3000.

Could all this be due to a bad boost leak or is it more likley that a sensor has gone? MAF? MAP?

Any input apprirated :):)

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Thanks for that, i will sort the boost leak on my week off in a week or 2, just a quick note, when the car is first started it seems to boost upto 20psi and make a funny noise, doesnt sound like a air leaking noise, cant realy describe it! It does this a couple of times then the boost pressure drops to 10 - 15 peak.

Probably due to the leak and im probably hearing the air but thought it was worth mentioning!

Will update once i have fitted my FMIC and sealed all boost pipes.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.