Terraclean on a Diesel

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Just had mine terracleaned as it was smoking more than the old lady in my local pub. I thought it was just over fuelling since I had the remap done. The other day it started to misfire and I thought that could be the injectors knackered. The terraclean was £60 which I thought would be cheaper than new injectors. So far it only smoked for the first mile from the garage and nothing since, even when I thrash it a bit. I've only done about 40-50 miles but even when I try to get it to misfire it doesn't. All in all I highly recommend it so far, car is loads quicker, smoother and quieter too.

if that's the case you may need yours doing every year as it sounds like you do allot of short journeys.

were you there when the terra was done as some cars can pump some smoke out of the back while on high revs.

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
Right! Have had the car Terracleaned.

Initial reaction/feedback is that it does feel more responsive and the MPG reads better already. Whether this will reflect in the real world remains to be seen.

I'll update with a further review after a couple of weeks.

It cost me £84.00 inc VAT.

Just over 4 weeks since getting the car Terracleaned and it has been really good.

Fuel economy has really improved dramatically. I am getting almost 50-60miles per tank while the trip is stating more.

It does seem to be quieter, but overall I am very impressed with the improvement in MPG. That alone will probably pay for the Terraclean over a period of a year.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Just over 4 weeks since getting the car Terracleaned and it has been really good.

Fuel economy has really improved dramatically.
I am getting almost 50-60miles per tank while the trip is stating more.
It does seem to be quieter, but overall I am very impressed with the improvement in MPG. That alone will probably pay for the Terraclean over a period of a year.

Do you mean 50 -60 miles more per tank? And the trip is reading higher than before the terraclean application?

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
Our 1.6 diesel has been done and seems less smokey.
Otherwise, not noticed any change in engine response.
Before TerraClean (c6 months to end July)= 5,978 miles = 56.4 mpg at an average 29 mpg.
After TerraClean (end July - now, 4/1/14 ) = 5,964 miles = 56.4 mpg at an average 30 mpg.
Both similar mixture of city and motorway driving and warm/cold/wet months.
So, as far as I am concerned, there is no noticeable difference in mpg

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Just getting my car terracleaned. Only time will tell how well it works. Not expecting a big difference as I only have 35k, however mpg is low so thought it was worth a go. It certainly won't hurt.

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Continue Reading ....

Well terraclean done, not really been able to do proper test drive as had to go back and pick up the mrs' car which is getting done any min. My findings so far:
As soon as it started up I could hear the engine sounded quieter. Felt alot more free revving. On pulling away it revved quicker more responsive, a bit nippier. Coming on and off throttle is alot smoother too. Only done about 2 miles so obviously dont know about mpg yet but will update when the tank is empty.
Heres a pic of the pipework hooked up
y2aburu5.jpg

Last edited:

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Just did a couple of miles round town and even my girlfriend was shocked by how much of a difference there is, turbo spools quicker and kicks in alot harder

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Today I refuelled for the first time, previously i only got 420 miles til the fuel light came on. Got 462 this time so 10% increase in miles per tank.
Mpg figures have increased from 36 to 41. Figures calculated not taken from trip meter.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.