sticky turbo vanes carbon deposit cleaning

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
i've used the mr muscle oven cleaner before as easy to do as i had the egr delete and tune done, it's an alh. just wondering if anyone has tested oven pride? though i'm guessing because it's not foaming type carbon deposit cleaner it probably won't work.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I used to use any oven cleaner on my mk4 golf, i done a innotec clean too, nothing really worked in the long run though think it was too far gone. Can't see it doing any harm trying other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
just got more of the mr muscle oven cleaner. usually spray in twice with 5 hours in between works well enough. smokes a bit on idle after a bit of a rake on the motorway for a couple of days.

bobpzero

May 31, 2012
northern ireland
so far i’ve found mr muscle oven cleaner is great as a last resort. i tried ecotec egr turbo cleaner spray and it lasted about 2 weeks of regaining a decent bit of boost, so the research goes on. next i’m going to try wynns turbo cleaner spray

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Fill it up with mr muscle, soak for a few hours and take it for a very long high Rev motorway drive. A quick blast won’t heat up the turbo enough. I read somewhere that it took around half an hour on the motorway to get the desired temperature to break up the crud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clag

Dec 28, 2016
it does help if you exercise the vnt control arm while its full of cleaner. I could feel it getting easier after the first half hour, left it all in there for about 3h overall, working the mechanism every once in a while and topping it up each time. The first time i started it up, it was smokey as all hell but cleared up nicely on a 40 mile trip. I think the key part is to get it good and hot after doing the clean with a few visits to the red paint to make sure its thoroughly cleared out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.