Hi Everyone - Looking at TDi FR 150

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Oh and it will often feel like you are flying along at huge speed but when you look at your speedo you find it's only 40mph! I guess that's torque over BHP.... and no please no one turn this comment into one of those threads! ;)

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Cheers thats probably what I need to know, dont get me wrong I dont contantly redline, its just that at between 5-7k revs on a VVTI thats where the lift is.

The ST powerband does start at 2k, so it is an incredible mover, but I am realibly informed that past 30mph the Tdi FR will certainly hold its own. And I am not one that normally races off the lights.

Like you say shrek, you soon get used to how a car performs and a few times if the power sags after 4.5k then you learn not to use it and to change gear. The ST can hit 70 in second and 100 in 3rd, but its not like we do that all the time eh.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Just looking at the accessories list, so will try for matts thrown in. I know I am going to get flamed for this, but does anyone have the parking sensor, and pictures?

Its only £125 and may try to get the dealer to throw that in if it helps stop the misses backing into the garage.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Shrek said:
Oh and it will often feel like you are flying along at huge speed but when you look at your speedo you find it's only 40mph! I guess that's torque over BHP.... and no please no one turn this comment into one of those threads! ;)

Strange, I always found (and still do) it to be the complete opposite i.e. I'm tootling along at 40 but oh sh1t, I'm actually doing 60!

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
CS, just for the record (and now I've finally fathomed out how to post pictures) here's the other grey colour :)

IMG_3219a.jpg

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Yeah thats the grey that was on my list after black - will update you all after my test drive tomorrow :)

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Now it does have to be said that the grey and the plat are lovely.

But what about a nice yellow one??? :D

They look all spangly in yellow...

:D

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Bunglebonce said:
Strange, I always found (and still do) it to be the complete opposite i.e. I'm tootling along at 40 but oh sh1t, I'm actually doing 60!
Sorry I didn't quite put my point across right! What I was getting at is if in second (for example) you nail it from low revs it feels like you've hit 60 in 0.2 seconds but you're probably not going quite that fast! Basically that 'wave of torque' ( :funk: ) shoves you forward but then acceleration is more normal after that.

As you say though when you a cruising it's all to easy to creep up and not feel it... all too easy! ;)

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Nyteshade said:
Now it does have to be said that the grey and the plat are lovely.

But what about a nice yellow one??? :D

They look all spangly in yellow...

:D
lol - I have to say that having owned a Plat Grey FR (which I love! ;) ) I would be tempted by a wilder colour for my next motor!

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Its a hard choice between silver and plat grey, in the end i decided on the platinum grey

DSCN0047.jpg

Looks so nice, esp at sunset

The FR will keep up with alot of cars

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Hi Rob

Yes, that is the deal I am looking at, it seems its the one everyone is offering. Anyway on to my sad story. I spoke to 3 more places today and they are all near enough exactly the same amount. I think although they are trying to get rid of them, they know that they will be popular.

There's me all keen, call up the dealer to check they are getting the car for my test drive, they confirm all is ok. 1 hour to go, even more eager when the dealer calls me up with a "slight problem". Basically it drove from Chesterfield to Sheffield fine, but as they moved it to the forcourt the engine management light came on, and the mechanics wont let him take it as a test drive! Bugger!

Anyway I go down anyway to have a look at the car, and get them to give me a figure on my ST170. Here's the great news, whilst I am not sure the difference between the Cupra R body kit or not, its definiely got the 17" versions of the Cupra alloys and not the standard FR ones, and the dealer says that it is the CR body kit.

I have to admit I love it, didnt think I would like Silver, but I think it does look great!. Anyway, they are getting one of the others tomorrow at 9am for me to test drive so I will be in late. I am fairly happy with the finance package they offered and they have said if I am interested, then I could have it early next week which is great.

So, I still havent driven one, but am one step closer to owning one. One of the dealers has called me tonight to say they will be getting a black 54 plate in the next two weeks, but the price will still be fairly high, I may as well get new.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Bunglebonce said:
CS, just for the record (and now I've finally fathomed out how to post pictures) here's the other grey colour :)

IMG_3219a.jpg

Looks good. :D

Wheels and mirrors look good with the Plat grey. You don't really notice the mirrors on the Luna.

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Always been a bit of a petrol head until I drove the TDi - don't you just love the torque in second - foot down and hold on tight!!

ps Lunar grey is the one to go for imo

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Iam a Magic Black FR TDI Owner & what a car....
Trust me you soon 4get about high revs & low MPG's when you get twice as many outta these Cars if you drive them sensibly.
What a noise the Turbo makes when it surges you forwards esp driving thro a load of trees or a builtup area....
Big Grins !!! :D

I nearly bought a 6month old Cupra TDi which other than mirrors & slight trim difference & alloys of course was the same car. it was Magic Black aswell & i just liked the colour.
Red would have been cheaper but just looked to much in ur face.
didnt like yellow or the other colours but we are all different.

It was just overpriced against the rep FR so went new & that was in Jan this yr.

6wks after i bought it i was delighted to findout i was able to get the Motorsport package & what an experience that turned out to be.
Everyone else who has been in the same situation will tell you great things about it.
And Seat UK seem so far to be a very helpfull company that look after there customers.

My Car is pretty much as standard with 9k on the clock now & to date no problems of any importance.

Best Miles was 630 on 1 tank !
it will return on a long enough run on the motorway easily 55mpg even crusing at 70-75
What more can you ask from a engine.

My own overall after the current mileage is 46.6mpg

Just hope for a better tyre life with maybes a different make when i change the
OEM Bridgestones.
Michys/Hankook/Dunlop in the running atm.....

I still like the original bumper on the FR & The R's is just as good but that way you know the difference.
Until they make a proper sporty lookin new Leon i wont be changing mine thats for sure.
It may even still be going in 10yrs time who knows...

No Regets with my Leon so def get one...

:drool:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.