0-60 in leon fr tdi

Oct 12, 2005
Hi guys i know that the quoted time is 8.6 seconds but it feels alot faster than that. Has anyone timed theres. Fantastic car btw

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
I agree it does feel faster than and for what its worth, I think it probably is!

However, nearly everyone else says its not if measured acurately so I suppose they cant all be wrong :)

WeeDru

WeeDru
Jun 26, 2004
Sussex
I timed my old one that was upsolute chipped at 7.4 i think, that was best out of 3 but still a little bit of wheel spin. 0-60's are not best times for diesels tho!

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
Is the FR tdi the same as a 150 pd golf? I think it is if so EVO tested a Golf PD150 GT (Standard) and got 7.7, 7.8, 7.6 on the 3 runs they did with proper timing gear...I think the Leon is heavier than the golf but should be around the 8 secs mark as standard I would imagine

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
I can run consistent High 6's to 60 in my golf and even better if im prepared to wreck my clutch launching in second which I am not!! Have only done this twice on a Sach's uprated organic clutch.....Most of my driving is done sat at 70-80 mph at 2000 rpm returning 50 mpg lol!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
S14A said:
Is the FR tdi the same as a 150 pd golf? I think it is if so EVO tested a Golf PD150 GT (Standard) and got 7.7, 7.8, 7.6 on the 3 runs they did with proper timing gear...I think the Leon is heavier than the golf but should be around the 8 secs mark as standard I would imagine

The 5dr 150Tdi Golf is 55kg heavier than the Leon, the 3dr is 5kg heavier :)

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
WOW so mine is officially 5kg heavier!! I knew the build quality was superb on the VW but thats taking the mic!!! I always thought the Leon was much bigger/Heavier...Whats the build quality like on the Leon? I have driven many cars in my time but none feel as good or as solid as my Golf or as well built! saying that I have only ever had Jap Cars and Peugeots lol

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm sure I read somewhere (although I may be wrong) that 0-60 times are done with half a tank of fuel and 2 passengers????
Mine always feels different when I'm on my own although that maybe cos I drive like a bit of a nutter and calm down cos the wife doesn't the turbo woooooosh...Hmmm turbo....:drool:

AoS said:
I'm sure I read somewhere (although I may be wrong) that 0-60 times are done with half a tank of fuel and 2 passengers????
Mine always feels different when I'm on my own although that maybe cos I drive like a bit of a nutter and calm down cos the wife doesn't the turbo woooooosh...Hmmm turbo....:drool:

i was always led to believe,
full tank of fuel, 2 passengers, 3 timed runs (2 in opposite directions) then the officially posted figure was an average of the three figures?

that's why they state that performance figures and times will vary depending on what factory options are fitted to each individual car.

will agree tho, almost every car i've ever tested "seems" to hit 60 much quicker than official times:shrug:

i'm sure my 110 HDi peugeot hits 60 in 9ish seconds, would expect 150 leon to be quicker?

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
Paul TDI said:
Diesel Car magazine claims 6.8seconds in a Golf PD150 with Superchips software

http://www.dieselcar.com/a2ztuning1.html

Thats a good result, traction is the problem with mine at the moment.....The traction light doesnt stop flashing in second and third even in the dry! Im going to fit some Goodyear F1 Eagles to see if they help, the tyres on there at the moment are Avons which from past experience are poor but the chap I bought the car off had just fitted 4 brand new avons so cant complain really.
Going to have 3 runs at the pod later this year and hopefully beat the current best 1/4 mile time of 14.5 which is excellent anyway when you consider Civic Type R's only manage 15's flat with the odd one breaking into the high 14's

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
Vicky M said:
i'm sure my 110 HDi peugeot hits 60 in 9ish seconds, would expect 150 leon to be quicker?

9 secs Seems quick for a 406 hdI

i've never realy tried the 0-60 as its the mid range they are at there best, 40-70 etc

Civic_Legend

Jun 7, 2005
Ash
I got 6.6 secs on a gtech meter 0-60 when standard and its definitely quicker now... I'd say nigh on 6 secs dead, with my 1/4 mile time and relatively low terminal speed - its all about low/mid range :) . 2.2 sec 60 ft time.

torrito

my frends leon 150pd tdi like mine runs a 7sec flat with oct chip

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Civic_Legend said:
I got 6.6 secs on a gtech meter 0-60 when standard and its definitely quicker now... I'd say nigh on 6 secs dead, with my 1/4 mile time and relatively low terminal speed - its all about low/mid range :) . 2.2 sec 60 ft time.

Any probs with your clutch? just to take the thread off topic for a bit?

Civic_Legend

Jun 7, 2005
Ash
Not YET, at 12k miles - however it does suffer from severe 'flywheel judder' at low revs/high boost - so I imagine it'll only be a matter of time... I tend to avoid the issue but staying away from the 2-2.5k region in 4th and upwards if I'm hoofing it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members