Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Advertised in the latest ish of Diesel Car, claims to actually boost throttle response & power, and give 4+ raise in cetane number.

Price £10 for 500ml, no info on dosage given tho'.

@ Devonutopia -- I think you have to add a BIT of diesel to it ;) :D

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
I shall purchase some, and in the name of product review I shall thoroughly test the stuff and let you all know the results...

Oh and no those aren't rain clouds in the horizon, it's just me :D

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
seen this in last months VW driver, but when i checked the Millers oil site it wasn't there.£12.99 a bottle, hope its good.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
from millers direct its £9.89 incl vat, if you have a supplier near you.they come in boxes of 20(500ml bottles) i tried for a disc on a box but was advised i would need to purchase 5-10 boxes 1st. darn!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Nooo! Only TODAY did i buy a fresh bottle of Millers Diesel Power Plus and now this comes out!

It says on the bottle you can double dose it though for eaxtra cleaning so in it goes doubletime :p

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
from millers direct its £9.89 incl vat, if you have a supplier near you.they come in boxes of 20(500ml bottles) i tried for a disc on a box but was advised i would need to purchase 5-10 boxes 1st. darn!

I saved £1 a bottle by buying a box of 10 (bottles) instead of individually. I would probably try that route again, and then shift the other 8 bottles to people on Briskoda. [B)]

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
from speeding site said:
Formulated to increase Diesel Cetane rating by 4 numbers resulting in significantly increased power output
That's quite a claim, I wonder what they mean by "significantly"....

Anyone know what the dosage is - is it the same as for Power Plus ?

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Look what I've got on my desk...........
MillerDPS4.jpg

Just been down to Millers to get it.
Back of bottle says:
Full measure treats 20 litres of fuel. Dilution ratio 1000:1

Treat at double strength for an extra boost!

Just need to go and get some derv to put it in now:D

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I spoke to the Millers oil tech dept yesterday and they were raving about the stuff, some indepenent Uni tested and adv boosts perf by 17.5%, big claims how much does the fuel tank hold ltrs wise? need to read the manuals.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I spoke to the Millers oil tech dept yesterday and they were raving about the stuff, some indepenent Uni tested and adv boosts perf by 17.5%, big claims how much does the fuel tank hold ltrs wise? need to read the manuals.

While it might be good, I'd take 17.5% with a pinch of salt, can't see it taking the Passat from 175bhp to erm, hang on.... 205bhp, can you ? :think:

Maybe they were getting it confused with VAT :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Look what I've got on my desk...........
Just been down to Millers to get it.
Back of bottle says:
Full measure treats 20 litres of fuel. Dilution ratio 1000:1

Treat at double strength for an extra boost!

Just need to go and get some derv to put it in now:D
So that treats 500 litres then, or roughly 10 Passat tankfuls...

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Would really need 2-3 capfuls per fill up depending on emptyness of the tank. Not bad! Would like to hear results of peeps. Is this one more of a performance booster than an economy - cleaner thing like the other millers additive

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
While it might be good, I'd take 17.5% with a pinch of salt, can't see it taking the Passat from 175bhp to erm, hang on.... 205bhp, can you ? :think:

Maybe they were getting it confused with VAT :)

sorry that was not the BHP, the overall effectiveness of the engine unit.

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Well, even at double strength that's still 5 tankfuls, which makes the extra cost £2 per fill up, or about 4p per litre (2p per litre at normal strength)

Which isn't bad if it delivers ANY kind of performance increase!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise