Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I've found best results from regular fills. I don't think I've put any untreated diesel in my car for a year or more. I even took a bottle to Czech republic and double dosed it in case it was not such good quality derv.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Look what turned up today boys !

Picture1111.jpg

Now all i need to do is get my car back from Allard's again ( getting the turbo manifold skimmed ) and i will let you know what i think. I usually double douse on Power plus when i fill up so it will be interesting to see if i can notice any difference since this product is nearly double the price of Power plus.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Gonna order the 5ltr tonight and see what the story is, contacted fasteronline and no extra postage to N.Ireland. So all is good so far.

This was the first time i have ever bought anything from fasteronline. I was very impressed with how fast my order was delivered and how i was constantly kept up to date via email with how the order was processed.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Just filled mine up since the additive went in. Got to a petrol station tonight with the red light on and 589 miles on the clock since last refill. Trip computer estimated 20 miles left in the tank and i have no doubt i could have done that had i needed to go that much further.
I estimate this stuff has saved me £10 at least on that one tankfull. Next time i fill up it should have paid for itself and saved me some pennys.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Just filled mine up since the additive went in. Got to a petrol station tonight with the red light on and 589 miles on the clock since last refill. Trip computer estimated 20 miles left in the tank and i have no doubt i could have done that had i needed to go that much further.
I estimate this stuff has saved me £10 at least on that one tankfull. Next time i fill up it should have paid for itself and saved me some pennys.

When you say it saved you £10 on a tankful, what do you mean ? As the cost of a tankful obviously won't change.

Don't get me wrong I'm not disputing your claim, just that it's quite a dramatic one, and am interested in the figures....ie how many extra miles do you think you got than normal, from how many litres ?

I never knew this stuff existed! I think I'll get some for the Mondy ST TDCi. I usually get around 530 miles to a £50 tank of derv when doing motorway driving so it will be interesting.

Don't you guys tend to find that people get a bit annoyed with you at the pumps when you stand there measuring out the stuff into the tank though?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Don't you guys tend to find that people get a bit annoyed with you at the pumps when you stand there measuring out the stuff into the tank though?

With the diesel power plus, the bottle had a quick measuring section in the bottle, which meant it was quite easy (so long as the bottle is handy, I keep mine in the back corner of the boot).

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
As above, it is easy to measure. just fill up the top bit and pour it in.
Here is what my trip computer and fuel gauge was reading this morning after my journey to work (trip reset on last refil. The display on the right shows MPG over a 48 mile journey with lights and aircon on sticking to speed limits on A+B roads):
DSC00003.jpg

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
As above, it is easy to measure. just fill up the top bit and pour it in.
Here is what my trip computer and fuel gauge was reading this morning after my journey to work (trip reset on last refil. The display on the right shows MPG over a 48 mile journey with lights and aircon on sticking to speed limits on A+B roads):
DSC00003.jpg

Am I drunk? Thats some serious miles Dave. Have you ever known the temp to go over 90 degrees? Driven a few but have never budged, even in summer, perhaps they just stop at 90?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
It's never moved above 90 degrees, even in the summer on a non stop journey to London when the temp was in the high 30's.
That is the best MPG reading i've had on that journey, and considering the high winds in the midlands today, it's pretty impressive.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
How do you have to measure it with a 5 litre bottle? Obviously the 500ml one is just a case of squeezing and pouring as many times as nessesery.

My first tank with this was used with ultra low sulphur shell ( I didn't realise 'til I'd nearly filled the tank) and the mpg was horrendous. I managed 387miles from a tankful:wtf:

Second tank now standard Shell derv and mpg seems somuch better so far.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
You could guess or get a bottle with markings on it, a prev 500ml bottle or another cheapo additive/oil with a measurer on it? thats what i'm going to do, have one here so just clean it and keep some in the car.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
You could guess or get a bottle with markings on it, a prev 500ml bottle or another cheapo additive/oil with a measurer on it? thats what i'm going to do, have one here so just clean it and keep some in the car.

Mmmm:think:

May have to find out how much a 5 litre bottle is next time I'm at Millers. See if the saving will outway the messing about measuring it out or decanting it into smaller bottles. I paid £5.70 for my 500ml bottle.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.