**massive Slate**

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Could the spikes between 1500 and 2500rpm in the first run be wheelspin / slip on the rollers?

If the tyres ain't gripping on the rollers it will surely cause spikes ....

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
did you buy the car new or second hand?

i wonder if there is a tuning box in there somewhere???

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hold on a minute... Like Stoneyford said... How far did you drive with REVO before you went for a RR?

It takes about 100-200 miles for a Remap to fully adapt and it will feel like a dog untill it has! When i had CC Phase 2 mine felt standard for about 60 miles and gradually got awesome after that!

And how could you have had it done yesterday when the latter dyno run says it was done on the 3rd March 2007 at Noon! The first dyno run looks like 28/12/2006 which was NOT after the Revo one... I also agree with Mork, that RR is very fishy!

I either smell a rat or user error. Either that or you have a 100PD with a tuning box already in there?

Last edited:

_weeman_

as ive already said the first graph is more than likely operator error as the guy on the first test was new, the car was bought new and is a 130tdipd blt engine code. the main reason for the post was to let ppl know that the sun does not shine our the arse of one company and that mistakes can be and are made, ive used all the information available to me to prove the map was faulty and some users have done all they can with no proof or knowlege of my car to defent said remap. as we are majority in agreement that if the car makes good power on friday then it was the map at fault. there is nothing more i can say other than lets wait till friday. oh and i will post, whatever the result.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
You need to allow the car to adjust to the remap surely so getting it RR'd on Friday will be of little use?

It may show instant gains but you need to leave it a couple of weeks IMO?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I had an Ibiza TDi 130 PD (04 plate) with Revo and the change was astonishing. At Stealth I think it got 174bhp. The brakes were so underpowered afterwards that I warped the discs within 2000 miles.

It was a low mileage car (1200 miles I think), so not a lot to go wrong with it, but in terms of the differences they felt more significant than any petrol car I've had mapped.

It did take about a week to feel the absolute benefit, but can only suggest there are some unresolved issues that have yet to be identified.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Only difference I noticed with my remap was the lack of grip and the higher powered cars I could tussle with.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Can only agree with some of the others on here .
you had your car mapped you were not happy they took it off hardly a reason to get your knickers in a twist is it
figures quoted by all mapping companys are only guide line not guaranteed
I also found my revo map took a couple of days to fully settle in getting stronger everyday.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
My personal experience of remapped cars (on my 2nd now) is what some other people are saying in that it does take some time to feel the full benefit. I remember getting my Ibiza remapped at Revo headquarters in Daventry a few days after they setup and the spirited drive home with another member of the site who had his Ibiza remapped at the same time netted not quite the impact I was expecting but I vividly remember the next day thinking someone must have strapped a rocket booster to the boot as the transformation was amazing. So I concur with many on here that time and miles is required for the car to adapt to the new map.

What time frame and miles did you allow before putting it on the RR, did it go on straight away as if it did I think that maybe another major factor in the poor performance. Just make sure on friday you try an replicate the same conditions prior the thr RR then it won't introduce false factors !

Hope it sincerely turns out well for you though, good luck.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i would just like to publicly say. There is no correlation between weejase and weeman.
thank you.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
the blip on the first graph , definatly looks like wheelspin/clutch slip ,

and can the dyno operator not rescale the graphs so the legends are equal ,makes the graphs easier toread/understand , those graphs could be kerfuddled with and you wouldn't know ( power=torque@5252)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
thanks, just curious. So by his graph is he getting 107BHP at the wheel?? plus he was doing a full power run with oil temp of 9degrees, this couldnt be good, unless there was no actual measurement of this taken, second REVO run at 101degrees.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
...a full power run with oil temp of 9degrees, this couldnt be good, unless there was no actual measurement of this taken, second REVO run at 101degrees.
I noticed that too. If 9º is a real reading, it was done with a stone cold engine, not good...also 101º seems quite high, my remapped Ibiza used to generally sit at 90º oil temp, only went higher with persistent hard driving. Maybe a bit of heatsoak going on, in addition to the ECU not having had time to adapt.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
15.jpg

Now THAT is a massive slate :ban: :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.