How many miles per full tank?

d_cook88

zιℓ∂נιαη - ρℓαу ωιтн ƒιяє
Aug 28, 2007
Preston
Go on revo's website on the FAQ section, they reckon its hidden to insurence and manufacturers, they can only add a new map, not see the old one, and becuase its softwear it kind of makes it untraceable....read up on revo website anyways, oh by the way, how much is a new uprated clutch? mines booked in to be remapped next wednesday mornin (cant wait :D) just wondered if clutch goes how much a new better one wil cost me.

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/faq.aspx

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Filled my car up to the brim - some actually came out - and it said 385miles till empty. Does that seem pretty low? It does to me :S

This is where I was going wrong m8 - the remaining miles is calculated via the MPG, if you've just thrashed your car (or even left it idling) the remaining miles will decrease dramatically.

Go for a steady drive, try get your average MPG to a realistic figure and then see how many miles are remaining.

I try not pay much attention to the remaining miles anymore, I just watch the AVG MPG and make sure its reading realistic figures for my type of journey.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
i've a feeling that the 'miles to empty' is not just a simple 'last 5 mins' mpg calculation, pretty sure it a more complicated calculation than that, probably works in conjunction with the long term mpg figure too.

Clone - I'd be mortified if mine said 385 to empty [:@], i'd be thinking :wtf:

Memphis

The Don
Jan 1, 2008
South Yorkshire
Right. I thought I'd chip in now.

I've had my 55 Leon FR TDi for a few weeks now.

First tank (less about 5 litres): 440 miles.
Second tank: 520.
Third tank: 250 so far at 49.3MPG. It says 325 left.

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Hmm, thanks for the above comments about mine. I will see what i'm left with at the end of the week as i will be abit disappointed if i only get the 380. I sit about 60-80 on the motorway that shouldn't affect it too much as it's still only 2k revs?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Clone, if you are talking about your Ibiza, and the majority of other posts are reffering to a Leon, the answer may be quite obvious...... different size fuel tanks ;)

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Oh :p Mine is 45l think the leon is 55l? Still should get more than 385 though.

If you brim the Leon you can get 60 litres.
Don't pay too much attention to the miles left display. Mine will say 405 after its been filled, and you can garuntee it still says 400 miles left after doing 250 miles ;)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Already been remapped mate - currently ay 193bhp. Its only been done for about 5 months but the clutch seems fine at the moment.

Dont really want to wear the clutch out as cant afford to have it done yet. Was actually thinking of getting the remap taken off - insurance friendly

Dude..... don't do anything silly!!! The remap makes these cars and you'll regret it. You don't say what remap is on it but 193bhp is good if its a true figure for a remap only. Do an insurance quote in a false name with a post code around the same area for a car "you're thinking of buying". It may not be as bad as you think.

The clutch will be put under strain through pulling hard in the wrong gear (ie 6th gear from 30mph). Use the gearbox to keep the revs high enough that the car isn't straining and you'll help things. 5th gear is a lot kinder at motorway speeds for accelerating than 6th from say 70 - 80mph. Be realistic though..... the clutch will need attention before long. I squeezed 24k miles from mine before I had to change it although it was slipping for about 3k. I've had the car from new, Revo'd at 5k miles. Our Octy II VRS will be Revo'd pretty soon too, and my S3 was Revo'd.

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
Dude..... don't do anything silly!!! The remap makes these cars and you'll regret it. You don't say what remap is on it but 193bhp is good if its a true figure for a remap only. Do an insurance quote in a false name with a post code around the same area for a car "you're thinking of buying". It may not be as bad as you think.

The clutch will be put under strain through pulling hard in the wrong gear (ie 6th gear from 30mph). Use the gearbox to keep the revs high enough that the car isn't straining and you'll help things. 5th gear is a lot kinder at motorway speeds for accelerating than 6th from say 70 - 80mph. Be realistic though..... the clutch will need attention before long. I squeezed 24k miles from mine before I had to change it although it was slipping for about 3k. I've had the car from new, Revo'd at 5k miles. Our Octy II VRS will be Revo'd pretty soon too, and my S3 was Revo'd.

Just been driving around and thinking about this.

most likely I will keep it, I dont tend to ragg my cars anyway and dont floor it. Got the power for when needed though

Remap was done at Red Dot Racing.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Need to fill up mine, only got 265 miles out of it on this latest tank, town work kills mpg but still reading 34mpg overall...

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Need to fill up mine, only got 265 miles out of it on this latest tank, town work kills mpg but still reading 34mpg overall...
Ouch! Mine did that just after leaving the full mark :lol:
Looking to hit 400 miles before half a tank this week, so will see how it gets on by the time i fill up again. Got to love the diesel PD engines, especially when they embaress Megane R26's ;)

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
Just renewed the insurance on the Ibiza Cupra TDI with the remap declared and it only added £40. Hardly worth the possible hassle of a claim being denied for the sake of trying to save £40 by hiding it.

I've always declared all my mods, must be my age but they rarely affect the premium by much. Saying that, the Scooby is group 20 anyway so can hardly get much higher.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ouch! Mine did that just after leaving the full mark :lol:
Looking to hit 400 miles before half a tank this week, so will see how it gets on by the time i fill up again. Got to love the diesel PD engines, especially when they embaress Megane R26's ;)
What happened dave? nice confrontation and a convincing win?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise