How many miles per full tank?

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
nope sorry, however I filled up today, 49 litres, and got 420 miles, and had hit the red about 10 miles earlier. so just 39 miles per gallon! to be fair most of my miles are motorway, but in rush hour.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
Maybe i'll just have to wait for the summer. I read earlier about resetting your ecu. Is this somthing you can do yourself. (dissconecting the battery for a while or something)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Maybe i'll just have to wait for the summer. I read earlier about resetting your ecu. Is this somthing you can do yourself. (dissconecting the battery for a while or something)

I think I have the same small intercooler leak as you. Noticed it when Gez from here was putting my new dog-bone on. I could see shiney oil around the large diameter hose thats low down on drivers side.

Yes you can reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 30-45mins.

lewism3

My little old Beeza 90bhp does 140miles per day, from Aylesbury to Coventry and back again. It's all straight roads, A41, M40, A46 so I keep the speed to a constant 56mph, yep even on the motorway!!!!!

I continually get around 770 miles to a tank.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
770 miles to the tank... wow! mind you filling up 5 and a half days isnt great is it still isnt the most enjoyable experience.

Still thats damn impressive

lewism3

Just heard that theres going to be another rise with fuel prices in April.

Defo time to break out the veggie stuff me thinks.

brad1

hi all
how do you work out your mpg, is there a sort of calculation you do
cheers

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
hi all
how do you work out your mpg, is there a sort of calculation you do
cheers

Right

Here is what you do

• Fill up car to brim and reset trip
  • Empty tank through usage
  • Then fill up again making a not of mileage, distance travelled on that tank and number of litres used
  • Then do the calculation below

Number of litres used divided by 4.54 (litres to a gallon) which gives you number of gallons

Then take the total distance travelled and divide that by the number of gallons.

Voila gives you MPG

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
it makes perfect sense. When you buy the fuel, note down the amount of litres you put in. Then you take this litre figure and convert it to gallons, then use your mileage and the calculated gallons used and work out your mpg.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I do believe the Leon holds 55 Litres.

Convert it to gallons http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm

55 Litre = 12.098 308 656 445 gallon [UK]

So say you do 400 Miles to a full tank.

400 (total miles) / 12.1 (full tank in gallons) = Miles Per Gallon.

= 33MPG.

It looks like I will get around 480 miles to a full tank for me, so 480/12.1 = 39.6MPG.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Just going back to the intercooler leak.
As far as I knew it, its normal.
A mate of mine works on mercs and reckons mine is nothing in comparison to what he sees on sprinters. Mine does it from the intercooler out connection and there is nothing that I have tried will stop it!( new seal new pipe)
Its only a small amount anyway
Glynn

FR Damo

im getting anywhere from 400-500 miles to a tank motorway drivin to work pushing on 50mpg

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I get around 500 miles normally in day to day driving from my Ibiza Cupra, but that's a mix of a road blasts and in town depending where I am. Doesn't help that most of my driving's done at rush hour though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.