Price of diesel

dirtysac

Mar 2, 2008
Yorkshire
This evening I went out with my buddies. 6 are reps. All of which drive VAG model TDI's.

They get exactly 14p per mile, which is what I get on average. The one that drove a petrol got 30p a mile. So we have nothing to whinge about.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
On average a mile is costing me about 27p just in fuel (no depreciation / wear and tear etc.) with our supply currently at 115.9p (Shell V-Power).

Once there was the massive shift over to diesel there was only a matter of time before the robbers in the Commons wanted a slice. That said haven't they been holding back a 2p tax rise on fuel as fuel is skyrocketing in price and they dare not add it on until next budget? Most of what we are seeing is pure price increase. My folks live overseas in Spain and they don't seem to be getting quite the rate of increase we are at present.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
On average a mile is costing me about 27p just in fuel (no depreciation / wear and tear etc.) with our supply currently at 115.9p (Shell V-Power).

Once there was the massive shift over to diesel there was only a matter of time before the robbers in the Commons wanted a slice. That said haven't they been holding back a 2p tax rise on fuel as fuel is skyrocketing in price and they dare not add it on until next budget? Most of what we are seeing is pure price increase. My folks live overseas in Spain and they don't seem to be getting quite the rate of increase we are at present.

27p/mile, wow. This makes interesting reading http://money.uk.msn.com/guides/Your-Car/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5579494. :cry::cry:

"it's sh*te and we know it is", sung in that well know football song style.

Deleted member 12175

Bring on the fuel strikes! Its time we the consumers hit back! Paying 114.9p in London. Was paying 92.9p a year ago

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
A bloke I know keeps trying to talk me into a 2nd hand Prius with LPG. Must say I'm getting tempted.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
No to replace the Ibiza, seems like a good idea, 50+ mpg at 60p/l, 4 doors reasonable boot, plenty of torque, auto park as an option, 0-62 in 10.9 seconds isn't too much to pay for halving fuel costs.

hundleton1

Nov 10, 2007
Pembrokesihre, Wales
The reason for the hike in diesel is simply because of demand, 10 years ago, less than 15% of the vehicles on the road were oil burners, mainly just vans and lorries, these days with the introduction of diesels that can compete with petrol on performance people in the uk have swung heavily to diesel, as a result we have forced the price up and up, you will find that it will stay a higher price than petrol from now on.

dirtysac

Mar 2, 2008
Yorkshire
No to replace the Ibiza, seems like a good idea, 50+ mpg at 60p/l, 4 doors reasonable boot, plenty of torque, auto park as an option, 0-62 in 10.9 seconds isn't too much to pay for halving fuel costs.

Convert your current car to LPG, at least you wont look like tool driving down the road in a Prius.

Be careful converting to LPG because you know what will happen if too many do it...

They'll slam the tax up and bend you over the :censored::censored::censored:

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Time to take action will be here soon ;)

Come voting day, vote for UKIP or BNP, they dont care about the "green issues" just getting the fooking illegals out & the floods of eastern europeans who are taking the system for a ride.

The local shop to my work is run by an asian guy (2nd gen uk born) & he told me he's voting BNP, as the area is being over run by somarlians & other imigrants & asylum seekers......... hows that for a turn for the books

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
normal diesel here is 110.9p per litre

i pay 116.9p per litre for V-Power.

Its simply mind boggling that 2 or 3 years ago it was about 80p, even LPG is much more than it used to be, 56.9p here, wasnt it 35p when it was introduced?

I hate our government, I really do believe they are ruining this country.

take out all illegal immigrants, stop giving them our money and there's a simple way to save the money to reduce the 80% tax on fuel.

This global warming shiit is just a great excuse to tax us all to death - when 90% of all britain's carbon emmisions are from industry - i'm going to stop now before i go into a fully blown political rant.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members