Price of diesel

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
just another way of screwing ua all over...
its not about climate change..its about revenue, and bad budgeting which has gotten the uk into a bit of a mess

warren_cox

Back from the dead
My S3 has just gone into Audi for a week with a gearbox problem.

I have an A6 3.0TDi S-Line Quattro as a courtesy car till Friday. Although diesels not as cheap as it used to be, I'm now getting 40mpg and it makes such a difference to my work mileage expenses!! Better than 25mpg I'm used to in the S3 at the moment. I'd forgotton how good diesels were, but needless to say diesel won't be cheap for long. Psychologically it hurts paying nearly £1.20 for a litre of diesel.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
How do you like the performance Cox? Obviously not as fast as a revo'ed S3 but how do you find the power delivery?

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
i don't mind what we hit normal or v power as long as it does the job lol. but it is so true about this govament its all about taxing the hard workers and giving everything we work for to bums imagrints and to other countrys but then we get hit by the budget.

Deleted member 12175

Yeah. Anyone see the Top Gear where Clarkson says

We pay tax on our wages
We pay tax on buying a car
On the car we pay tax to run it
Then we get tax on top of being taxed on our wages for petrol/deisel

Its all a big money making scheme and to be honest the petrol companies need to do something about it! Shell record profit which shows you how much they make on a litre! They need to cut us motorist some slack. Why do the garages put prices up when they are all ready making a big profit?

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
always remember as a kid, my dad said people will stop buying petrol when it hit a pound a GALLON
poor old sod will be spinning in his grave at the thoughts of me paying £1.15 p/l (£5.21 a gallon)
I know it was 30 years ago, but even so they are taking the mickey

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
but needless to say diesel won't be cheap for long. Psychologically it hurts paying nearly £1.20 for a litre of diesel.

With all due respect coxw, :shrug: eh ?, won't be cheap for long ????, what, cheap at 112p/ltr ????, also, where's the psychological aspect ??, ££££'s being handed over are very real.

:confused:

Sorry if i've read your post all wrong.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
We only have George, Tony & Gordon to blame & their so called "War on Terror" pushing the price of oil up .

Crude is currently sitting at $100.31 a barrel

http://www.oil-price.net/

In the USA today
Regular $3.19 = £1.60
Super $3.51 = £1.76
Derv $2.91 = £1.46

Based on a USD$ rate $1.9936

1 US gallon = 0.83267384 Imperial gallons

So, to fill the FR its 55ltrs or 12.09 Gallons (IMP), or in US its 14.5 Gallons

@ £1.15ltr x 55 = 12.09 imp gallon / 14.5 Us gallons

UK £63.25

US £21.17

Thats almost 1/3 of the UK costs.....

It just shows how much we are getting raped, sorry Taxed

sorry, rant over

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Are we officially the nation that pays the highest for fuel in Europe?

I just don't understand why the government can't relax the fuel duty to help. Instead of saying we will freeze the hike of fuel duty Mr Darling, how about doing what a government is supposed to do and that is to serve the people and say due to the high price of oil, the treasury has received higher then expected levels of revenue through VAT, therefore, we will rebate the people by SLASHING 2p off of fuel duty until the next budget!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
How do you like the performance Cox? Obviously not as fast as a revo'ed S3 but how do you find the power delivery?

For a big barge of a car its actually got really good power delivery if you stick it in 'S' mode. It a flappy paddle auto which is a shame, but in 'S' on the auto box it will redline each gear in kickdown. I think its about 230bhp, so its no slouch. Brilliant engine, and if it was in a smaller car it would be even better.

PhilofCas - apologies, completely my f"ck up. I meant that diesel feels comparatively cheap to me at the moment based on 'mpg vs, cost/litre' basis comparing S3 to TDi.

It's a f@cking liberty what they are charging for both fuels. My folks live in Spain and are still paying nearly 25% less for both, although the gap is closing fast (so they say).

With diesel going up like it is, owning the S3 in the future doesn't look so expensive. I feel for diesel owners as you have effectively done the honorable thing and switched to a more economical and less CO2 heavy fuel yet you are still getting shafted by our politicians who are spending your extra duty on expenses for new kitchens and paying their families to breathe ;). Who says it pays to do be honorable?!?!? :censored::censored::censored::censored:

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
haha is that guy shooting crack?
the price going down!! is her serious?

im even getting my bike license cos i know il have to sell the car when it hits about £1.20!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
If only motorists could be disciplined enough to hold a series of one day fuel strikes / protests. I'm not saying it would cause a significant drop in prices, but it tends to put the brakes on it getting any worse. Problem is there are too many half arses b@$tards who just break the strike lines. It's about time a fuss was kicked off otherwise they will just keep edging it higher. Maybe SCN should lead it!

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
For a big barge of a car its actually got really good power delivery if you stick it in 'S' mode. It a flappy paddle auto which is a shame, but in 'S' on the auto box it will redline each gear in kickdown. I think its about 230bhp, so its no slouch. Brilliant engine, and if it was in a smaller car it would be even better.

PhilofCas - apologies, completely my f"ck up. I meant that diesel feels comparatively cheap to me at the moment based on 'mpg vs, cost/litre' basis comparing S3 to TDi.

It's a f@cking liberty what they are charging for both fuels. My folks live in Spain and are still paying nearly 25% less for both, although the gap is closing fast (so they say).

With diesel going up like it is, owning the S3 in the future doesn't look so expensive. I feel for diesel owners as you have effectively done the honorable thing and switched to a more economical and less CO2 heavy fuel yet you are still getting shafted by our politicians who are spending your extra duty on expenses for new kitchens and paying their families to breathe ;). Who says it pays to do be honorable?!?!? :censored::censored::censored::censored:

no problem coxy !, some v good points here, especially the expenses, rip off Britain from a different angle

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
anyone reckon the price will go down for summer, with the less demand on fuel for heating?

No chance! The £1 litre is now here to stay IMO. It will go down a bit perhaps but I doubt it will dip below £1. You will be used to paying and the government will make sure it stays at this level, even if oil prices drop.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
If only motorists could be disciplined enough to hold a series of one day fuel strikes / protests. I'm not saying it would cause a significant drop in prices, but it tends to put the brakes on it getting any worse. Problem is there are too many half arses b@$tards who just break the strike lines. It's about time a fuss was kicked off otherwise they will just keep edging it higher. Maybe SCN should lead it!

The problem is that we still need to go about our daily buisness, if we don't buy any fuel on Mondays or when ever then we still need to buy it over the weekend or on Tuesday so the petrol industry will just know they can shut Mondays and save a day's wages for the poor shleps on the tills, thus more proffits for them.

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
i agree i do believe we should hold a fuel protest whos with me and coxw? i'm up for it as i hate the F**king government they do sod all for this country they put prices up they tax us more but they just forget that people can't afford to live anymore and they think keeping the price of fuel high they will be rich but they won't for the share fact that soon none one will be able to drive so the country will slowly grow to a halt. and then what they will tax us to breathe the air that we breathe? trust me i won't put anything past this shity government. sorry about the rant but i'm pretty sure i'm not the only 1 feeling like this.