Engine running with no Keys ???

=jsy= $H466Y

Hi All,

If I turn the main lights on - the dashboard lights up like the key has been turned to step 1. If I turn the car on with the lights on and then turn it off and remove the key the engine keeps running until I turn the lights off.
I've been told £55 + vat to diagnose and its probably an earthing problem with the ECU which we all know when the stealership gets there hands on it will end up with it definately being an ECU problem and them wanting £250+ to replace.
Can anyone help?
:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

=jsy= $H466Y

Staffordshire, I have 2 cars an Ibiza Tdi and a Clio. Problem is with the Clio but Ive been told its a known problem on other cars. Which is why I thought I'd give it a shot as people have been pretty helpful with my Tdi

T. Spark

Leave the clio running in a dodgy part of staffordshire, without the key... then get a insurance payout saying they must have hot wired it and purchase another Ibiza Tdi with the money :)

Sorry, best I can think of :)

=jsy= $H466Y

Yes I know. Bad choice. I own the Ibiza and the Clio is my gf's.
Like the idea t spark!

=jsy= $H466Y

Will do - dont know how happy she will be though seeing as we've only just settled one insurance claim after 6 months

=jsy= $H466Y

Cheers. Will give them a call. Was debating whether to buy the obdII cable and do the print out myself but if they come in cheap enough I wont bother.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
ring them mate and see how you get on?

where u based?

I have vag.com myself if its any help? im not far from stafford.....

G T Auto's
Address:
Drummond Road, Stafford, ST16 3DE

See on a map
View on a detailed map

Telephone:

=jsy= $H466Y

Clayton Newcastle. Not sure I want it fixing though as its a pretty smart party trick! lol

=jsy= $H466Y

I may try it. Tried to get hold of the Renault software but couldnt find it anywhere though.

=jsy= $H466Y

Spoke to GT Autos and they quoted £55 + vat for diagnostic but said they couldnt guarentee whether it would be done in an hour. Whereas Stealers quoted £55 + vat and didnt state a timeframe but seemed to know what the problem was without diags. I now have a dilemna!
Pay the stealers £55 for them to say I need a new ECU or pay an auto electrician an uncapped amount to find the problem.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise