T4 Injector nozzles on 110

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi people, just thought I would share some pics of my latest upgrade: T4 VW Transporter nozzles (502's or .216 size).

These are brand new OEM 502 Bosch nozzles. Easy to install, just got to keep everything clean!

As you can see from the pictures when I took the old injectors out quite a bit of crud fell down the hole! So vacuumed that lot out straight away. The larger nozzles are a straight swap, the only thing I needed to do once they were back in the engine, was bleed them to get the fuel through and then change the injection quantity at idle with VAGCOM to around 4.3mg, to smooth the idle out.

The power is good :D, different to the tuning box I had (now removed): its more....grunty...the torque is much higher, and as I have an electronic boost controller I have no smoke either! But I will be getting a remap later in the year and hopefully a larger turbo, an oil cooler wouldn't go amiss and FMIC as well!

INJECTORS OUT
Injectorswap.jpg

CRUDDY HOLE!
Injectorswapcloseup.jpg

SOOTY MESS!
Injectorswapnozzlesold.jpg

216 NOZZLE READY FOR ASSEMBLY
Injectorswapnozzlesnewcloseup.jpg

ALL FRESH READY FOR INSTALLATION
Injectorswapnozzlesnew.jpg

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
how what power you hoping to get with a remap

Scotty, I hop to get about 140 ish at the moment, but to make the most of the nozzles I will need a bigger turbo. I'm looking at getting the Q-Loader from Kermer TDI. The good thing about the Q-loader is you can get new maps done free when you upgrade with new bits!

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
looks good Jase. what boost controller have you got? (just wondering how you managed to stop it going into limp mode)

Yep, no limp mode!! I use the Diesel Power TPC box:

http://www.dieseltuning.ca/modules/digi_tpc.html

With this Digi TPC box, I can change the boost level above standard by turning a small adjusting screw. It the moment the boost peaks at about 1.4bar and settles to 1.1bar at WOT. The car's ECU is unaware of the over boost.

Now I know this is not the best way to get the most out of the engine, I will be getting a proper custom remap :D

I have been looking at Kermer's hybrid turbos. Should be able to get 170 bhp at least with intercooler as well!!!

Dave TDI

I ran .216 injectors with an allard hybrid turbo and intercooler on my Golf Gt 110, it went very well although the remap took quite a few tweaks to finally manage the fueling and smoke issues! Good luck with it worth it for all the performance benefits.

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I ran .216 injectors with an allard hybrid turbo and intercooler on my Golf Gt 110, it went very well although the remap took quite a few tweaks to finally manage the fueling and smoke issues! Good luck with it worth it for all the performance benefits.

Hi Dave. What sort of bhp and torque were you getting after that lot?

Dave TDI

Not entirely sure had a dyno prior to the .216 injectors came in at 177 bhp and 275 torque, imagine injectors setup correctly would push it close to 190-200 it felt a lot quicker with them.

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
Which engine are the .216 injectors from? As there are a few different engines for a T4 - 2.5dti, 1.9tdi, and wasn't there a 2.4 N/A?

Dave TDI

Sorry Scotty, I missed your reply. The turbo was about £600. effectively very similar to the standard PD150 turbo cannot remember the VNT code but the allard site has a few options for the 90/110 diesels.

The .216 injectors are from the transporter van I believe the 2.5 TDI - they are a little crude in terms of fuel delivery but worth it once you get them set up ok.

Mar 25, 2008
Bit of an old post, cant seem to find them pm user button so i will just ask here.
Jaseengine, what engine code is your 110 tdi? I'm also finding it hard trying to source these nozzles in the uk as i am thinking about tunning my 110 golf.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Leado-123

so pretty much all u have to put in the car is theese new injectors and that makes it quicker? do u need anything else? sorry iam new to this lol

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Bit of an old post, cant seem to find them pm user button so i will just ask here.
Jaseengine, what engine code is your 110 tdi? I'm also finding it hard trying to source these nozzles in the uk as i am thinking about tunning my 110 golf.

Any info greatly appreciated.

My engine code is AHF.

This is a pic of the injectors I got off ebay some time ago:

injector.jpg

Da Costa

so when sorting out the new injectors is it worth getting a remap straight away, but the car is driveable?

and is it easy enough to do for a novice say/how long did it take?

I have tools like but no vice, so i am unsure why you put it in one?

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Yes the car is drivable straight away, but I used VAGCOM to turn down the injection quantity. I also re-timed the injection pump as it got difficult to start.
You need to keep everything clean if you are going to do it, but there is a guide on tdi.club...