P2108 Throttle Actuator Control Module

JMH

Hi
Can anyone advise what a Throttle Actuator Control Module does and where it's located. The warning light came on and a check showed P2108 so I cleared it but the light re-lit immediately I set off. The car is performing exactly as normal without any problems so I was hoping it is a poor connection but I need to know where to look. TIA

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
It would help if you told us what make, model and year of car the question is about?

Your profile shows a SEAT Altea Sport 2.0 TDI. They don't have a throttle . . .

JMH

Sorry, I'm a newbie but you're right, my car is a 2005 2.0TDI Sport. I couldn't find anything on this forum but a Google search indicated that fault P2108 is "Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance" so any help or advice would be appreciated. John

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Sorry, you're still coming through garbled. From the looks of things this is an ODBC2 code, except they begin 0 or 1, not 2
http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/obd2-codes-explained.php

Google does show some instances of codes beginning with 2, but for American or Japanese cars. I'm pretty sure that either your code reader is picking up the wrong code, or 2108 means something else on VAG cars.

What equipment are you using to obtain this code?
What does the equipment's manual say about this code?
For a diesel car, it can't mean Throttle actuator as there is no throttle on a diesel engine.

In other threads you've asked about lamda probes: these are also not present on a diesel car.

Last edited:

JMH

Sorry for being garbled but that's why I'm asking for help. The scanner is a U480 I think ( I'm at work at the mo') and the code displayed is definitely P2108. As i said, I couldn't find anything on this forum about the code and I found the reference to Throttle etc on Google. Yes, I understand that diesels don't have a throttle. The reference to a lambda sensor was quote from my manual ref the warning light ie it may be the lambda sensor. Hopefully it's irrelevant in this case but are you certain that diesels don't have lambda sensors?

I'll re-phrase my question. I have a 2005 Altea 2.0 TDI Sport and the yellow "exhaust" warning light has lit. The code indicated is P2108. Please can anyone tell me what this code refers to and how to solve the problem before it has to go to the dealers?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Googling suggests that this code is SAE-controlled and in a block labelled "Fuel and air metering and auxilary emission controls"

http://www.telematica.gr/Tech/OBD/Codes/Powertrain_gr.html

However, I think at this point you have hit the limitation of your generic code reader, and need to find someone with VAG-com. It may be that the code reader is displaying the wrong code, or that the code really does mean something different on a VAG car.

JMH

Thanks for that Muttley, one of the forum members, local to me, does have VAG-com but he's busy for a while. Maybe I'll buy a connecting lead and download the software myself. It's really bugging me as the car is behaving exactly as normal but the warning light makes me wonder if it's going to grind to a halt.

dubstar_71

Thanks for that Muttley, one of the forum members, local to me, does have VAG-com but he's busy for a while. Maybe I'll buy a connecting lead and download the software myself. It's really bugging me as the car is behaving exactly as normal but the warning light makes me wonder if it's going to grind to a halt.

the cheap ebay lead wont work with the stuff you need to do, it will only support very limitied functionality. proper vag-com are dongles and have code linked to the software enabling it to work fully....

JMH

Thanks for the info dubstar 71. I plan on keeping the car for some time so maybe I should invest in VAG-com myself?

dubstar_71

Thanks for the info dubstar 71. I plan on keeping the car for some time so maybe I should invest in VAG-com myself?

why not? well worth the money!

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

if you buy a hex+can interface you can work on older non can-bus cars then too....

plus if one of your mates has a continental GT then you can work on that too! (no, really, you can, it's just a large VW!)

MWG

Oct 6, 2008
Hertfordshire
Hi Guys

I've been a reader of the forums here for a while but never really needed to post until today.

My car (2.0 TDI Sport Altea on an 05 plate) appears to have this exact fault

The light came on whilst driving home from work so drove the last mile carefully and took a look in the book which said it was an emissions related problem. Rung seat assistance and they sent me an AA man, he read the code then cleared it, turned the car off and back on then revved it a few times, tuned it off and on again and it didn't come back. Was driving home from shopping yesterday and it came back on so i tried some spirited driving and seems normal. I was wondering on how to fix it? and what is causing the light to come on?

I do have a 1yr full seat warranty that was thrown in when i bought the car so am hoping that either i can fix it myself or get it done under that

thanks for any help

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.