exhaust, whats the noise like

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I've got a straight pipe from turbo back, with a tiny backbox on the back. Personally i think it sounds the sex. Much louder than the milltek and really bellows when you want it to. :D

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
well just to bring this thread up to date, i have booked it in for a mufflerctomy for saturday, i tried custom pipes and he sounded good but said he was fairly busy couldnt fit me in around work, collage etc so have gone with a place in market rasen,,, bit closer and the better roads for the drive back lol, il report back after i have had it done

cheers

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Hope you like the result mate, took me a while to get used to the extra noise but dont even notice it now, not until its B&Q time and the seats all come out then its vvrrooom woosh vvrroom :D

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
well just to bring this thread up to date, i have booked it in for a mufflerctomy for saturday, i tried custom pipes and he sounded good but said he was fairly busy couldnt fit me in around work, collage etc so have gone with a place in market rasen,,, bit closer and the better roads for the drive back lol, il report back after i have had it done

cheers

what you having done then??? cat back or turbo back!!

need to do mine pretty soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Im guessing he's having mufflerectomy, which is basically chopping the backbox out and having a bit of straight pipe with a tip welded in. Works a treat on the TDI's.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield

cheers

Do you know if your backbox is the same as a 150PD?

I'd be interested in buying it off you if it is.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
if it does fit mate you can have it for nothing mate, i wont be wanting it, yep i have just gone with a simple mufflerectomy... may go turbo back/cat back 1 day but at the minute ive got other things to buy for the car,,, its gonna be a busy week for the old girl lol

stuart88

i'm new to this game guys! i have a leon fr 150tdi and would like someone to explain the benefits of a catback on a tdi?

cheers

stu

brad1

Basically it removes the restrictive back box with a non resonated one such as milltek etc and it lets the turbo spool up quicker where there is less of a restriction and also giving it a throatier sound, gains can be had from this, also a cat back mufflerectomy is removing the bax box completely and replacing with a straight pipe ;)

stuart88

ok thanks, mine is running around the 200bhp mark as it is mapped etc would removing the cat and backbox benefit me any?

stu

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
On the TDi's an exhaust wont make a massive difference unless its mapped around it.

Some cars have lost power through having the exhaust done, but if the map is tweaked small gains can be seen.

Basically though, the less restriction in the pipe the better. Back presure is produced by the turbo, so you can have a straight pipe turbo back. This helps to flow the hot gasses out quicker, stopping your turbo from going pop.

As for 200bhp on your standard turbo with standard exhaust, 190 tops and more than likely 180-185.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.