Changing the steering Weight on a MK4 ibiza

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
VAG-COM software download = £ FREE

VAG-COM cable/licence = £125

Turning up at a SEAT garage with printed graphs and logs proving the existence of the fault you're trying to get them to fix under warranty and seeing the look of disbelief on the service manager's face = £ PRICELESS.

:D

Seriously, VAG-COM is a great buy, even if you buy the cable new from the Ross-Tech site.

s3tony

Jun 10, 2007
nr newark
does anyone know if the cupra and the fr have different settings, or could it be the cupra tdi i test drove had been adjusted because i feel my fr has alot lighter steering..... my dad has vagcom so ill have a play, or just nick his cable as i have his old laptop with it on anyway........

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
i can now say for sure that the Facelift FR TDI has settings up to 8. i have tried it and its a lot heavier on 8 than on 5

s3tony

Jun 10, 2007
nr newark
changed mine today to 151, so far so good. very easy to do...

is there any other good stuff that can be done???

Black-Demon

I changed mine to 181... The hardest possible set... Much better...

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
I originally changed mine to 181 but felt the steering was a bit unnecessarily heavy at times, it wasn't hard work at all but gave too much resistance for me. So i changed it to 151 today and I personally think this is loads better. Steering seems a lot more responsive now.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
what about parking on the hardest setting is it a cause that no PAS making u feel like ur driving an old corsa !! and i cant understand ,, is the heavier the steering the better or the lighter the better if sum1 can clarify
cheers

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I changed mine the other night from 10121 to 10151 feels alot nicer :) good work Rage.

Thankfully someone else has the number 10121 as standard, I changed mine from 10121 to 10151 and as soon as I rescanned it came up as 10121 so I turned off the engine, turned on the ignition, changed it again and voila, accepted, not really noticed a difference TBH, might go for 161 or 171, see how they feel.