Diesel from a drum.....?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Could chlorine/bleach have been used to try and remove the dye from red diesel I wonder ?

brad1

I heard the best way to remove the red dye from the red diesel is to put a potatoe into the drum before hand, i dont know how true it is

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
lol , im told it was def white , this might have been at the bottom of drum to clean them out or was a container for chlorine / bleach im bot 100 %

i can get red but is it worth it , getting caught , etc

i think from this lesson its from a nozzle at a pump from a decent garage

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Easiest way would be to get someone with an isotope tester to check your tank - last thing you want is to be pulled over and tested by the ministry as they can tell how much you've had and how long youve been using it by that.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
can they be refurbed at all also the high lift pump ?

cheers
I believe they can be refurbed, with regard to the pump, secondhand have you tried Motors In Motion at Worksop Notts, they will post out if they have one. Try them for injectors too, I believe they go for around £150 set?
Glynn

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I would be suprised if you need a pump mate.
Dont think the pressure is that high to the injectors as the pressure comes from the cam on the injector. They are not too delicate like say a peugeot hdi unit. Get anything between the discs on those and its goodbye pump.
Glynn

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
cheers glyn , not too bad of a price was looking at new and what a difference !!

well wednesdays nearly here for them to take a look , hoping its just clogged up or something

gutted i cant just go out for a drive, stuck to using the Mrs's Renault megane (i know swear words )

cheers

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
well its it the hands of someone else now ,
was being towed down this morning at 6Am to avoid traffic , have alert you have to be on a tow rope !!

fingers crossed its not going to cost me a great deal £££,

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
well bit of an update , they managed to look at it yesterday , have taken the injectors out as he could only describe it as a white paste all gunged up , so hes sent them off for testing

i hope i will hear dinner time

fingers crossed its just clogged up

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
little useless update , the equipment the guy who tests the injectors have failed / broke so they where send to a place in cardiff yesterday , hoping to have an update tomorrow

not loooking forward to the labour bill !!

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
one question was this garage some back street dodgy guy??? or was it a big garage, i can safely say that if i bought diesel from a garage and my car stopped running i would take it back and get them to fix it

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
PD 130 and PD 150 injectors carry the same part number, 038 130 073 AL for the years 2002 onwards, and the other part number (038 130 079 BX) relates specifically to the 150 engine, year 2000 - 2001.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise