Glow plugs 150PD

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
Any ideas what the part code is for the 4 part glow plug wiring harness is? A couple of the housings to the connectors broke on mine as were perished? I presume you can't buy these separately as they look like they are meant to pop off from the main harness?

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
FYI for leons the parts guy at my dealership crossed referenced the part code given in post entry no.6 and gave me a slightly different reference of 038 971 782 C. Simlar price though, £23 I think

J.Sadler

Alrite guys my engine managment light has come on aswell and it is reading glow plug cylinder 1 and 2 but i have had them changed. Any ideas?

J.Sadler

My mate fitted them, he used to work at VW so I would have thought they would have been but you never know,, its just strange how the engine management light is still on

Cupra_Tim

May 8, 2008
Pontypool (South Wales)
I've had this fault too mate, i got all 4 changed as a precaution, my next step is goin to be to change the glow plug wiring harness. Bit of a pain to do on mine coz ive gotta take my strutbrace off to remove the engine cover lol

J.Sadler

lol bit of a ball ake then mate lol its just strange why its still bringing up a fault, you recon its worth changing the wiring harness on mine then pal?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Make sure that:

1. they are genuine

2. they are the right amapge

3. you change all 4, replacing 1 can show up other weaker ones which will then bring the light back on.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
for example - i had one on monday, glow plug cyl 1 (was buggered, no respnse on the tester) replaced it as it was the ONLY faulty one, fault code stored and didnt heat up when tested.

Next day - customer calls up, engine lights back on. Car returns later that day only to now have two more completely dead glow plugs despite them being fine the previous day.

The remedy - 4 x new ones.

Pain in the arse VAG cars.

ianleon

Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but i am having problem starting issues, but i have no engine light coming on, if i had a faulty plug or harness should it bring it on ?

Occasionally when i go to start it, it doesn't fire and then i have to turn it over for 10 - 15 secs and it goes and chuffs out a nice black cloud of smoke.

Last edited by a moderator: