Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Hi Chris

The pipes to the fuel filter are 8mm. I have just ordered some off ebay, blue, 1m length for less than a tenner delivered. Here is the item number - 140342300111

Cheers Mike,

I take it these are compatible with fuel, ie they won't break down with fuel.

Just seen these for the same price, 140355984225

Mike FR+

Chris, how would they attatch? Wouild they use the billet adaptors of just jubille clamp on?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Mine?

Can someone with the ARL engine post some pics up of the area between the engine and alternator?

I've bought myself the 'bracket' that fixes onto the engine (its the bracket that connects the intercooler pipe in place). I removed my bracket when I had the SFS hoses fitted, I lost the bracket so got myself a new one with the bolts.

I just need a nice clear pic to see how it all goes.

Thanks

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
Hello All,

Having just serviced my leon and spending a bit of time under the car I noticed that the (standard) boost pipes into either end of the intercooler were both leaking oil slightly. I presume if they are leaking oil they will therefore leak air which i guess is a bad thing!!

Also the boost pipe that comes straight off the turbo is incredibly loose which I also imagine is causing a fairly major leak in boost pressure. Can I buy the silicon pipe that fits between the turbo and the the metal boost pipe and how on earth would i fit it as there's no access from above and VERY limited access from below. Would i need to get anyhtign else to ensure there's no leaks?!!?

Also would all these boost leaks cause my car to smoke as much as it does?!?!?!?

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yeh mate, it looks like this:
31102009414.jpg

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Just had my Allards kit delivered (well within the delivery timescale for those who told me otherwise;))

Watch this space for install pics. :)

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
Hi Mate, so is this the pipe that goes straight off the turbo and attaches to the panckae pipe??
If so what exactly is this pipe called and do i need a new pipe or do i just need a new attachment? The current pipe/ attachment is so loose that there is around 15 - 20 mm of play where it attaches. Is there any easy way to replace this as there doesn't seem to be any room to get in there?!?!?!

Yeh mate, it looks like this:
31102009414.jpg

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Hi Mate, so is this the pipe that goes straight off the turbo and attaches to the panckae pipe??
If so what exactly is this pipe called and do i need a new pipe or do i just need a new attachment? The current pipe/ attachment is so loose that there is around 15 - 20 mm of play where it attaches. Is there any easy way to replace this as there doesn't seem to be any room to get in there?!?!?!

No mate this is the pancake pipe replacement from allards.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I really can't complain about my experience with Allards.

He even sent me a EGR kit which I didn't ask/pay for :) - so that is going on the sales bit today.

Welding looks pucka on the pipes, everything is in the box, with good detailed instructions and at a reduced price for the whole kit i'm more than happy (I bet that will change when I come to fitting it)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Well if you bought the intercooler aswell be prepared to very quickly gain some qualifications in engineering becase you will have to fabricate several brackets, remove the front end and un-gas the air con. its one big ball ache, but i'm not far away from you so i'll come and laugh as you pull your hair out (as i'm now bald after the install).

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
so i sthere a name for the pipe that goes from the pancake pipe to the turbo? do i need to buy a whole new pipe or would i be ok just with new connectors, although i'm guessign the connectors are actually part of the pipe?!?!?!? any advice much appreciated as i'd liek to get this sorted asap.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Well if you bought the intercooler aswell be prepared to very quickly gain some qualifications in engineering becase you will have to fabricate several brackets, remove the front end and un-gas the air con. its one big ball ache, but i'm not far away from you so i'll come and laugh as you pull your hair out (as i'm now bald after the install).

I'm using the standard intercooler, so hopefuly wont be major stressy. Still, any tips would b welcome :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
It goes from the turbo to the pancake pipe, its called the turbo outlet pipe. You can by the bits seperate from some companies but you'd be best off with a new one from the dealers of SFS.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise