Jarre's 1.2TSi Leon

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
All coming together...not a bad setup for a normal leon :) looks nice

Cheers :) I didn't want to do the normal thing of putting FR or BTCC bumpers on for a couple of reasons - I wanted to be different, they're expensive and also insurance is an issue at my age. So this option is much better for me and also I haven't been a sheep lol :D

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
The front and back looks good...the splitter makes it alot better and having it in black pulls it off. If it was in white then it wouldve been a different story.

DMJ

Replacing grill

Thanks guys :)

I've then done the usual LED sidights, number plate bulbs, interior bulbs and all the rest.

mapaqyza.jpg

Plasti dipped the grill and badges :)

edunu3u6.jpg

ynaheryv.jpg

Made my own arm rest from the old clip one I removed from the car when it was traded in.

pu3y2uha.jpg

me6yzy9e.jpg

Winter wheels and tyres

yzehajy5.jpg

pu6ysusu.jpg

Wind deflectors

2yju6e2e.jpg

Sprayed the door and speaker trims to brighten it up a bit!

ju3ugupa.jpg

Dectane LED DRLs to make my car more visible :)

y7eby6u8.jpg

There's more to come but I'll put that up once I get better pictures and that :)

Feel free to comment, positive and negatives!

Jarre how do ya take the grill out? I wanna replace mine with a de-badged grill

DMJ

Take out the two pins in the top, then theres two clips part way down the side.

Please don't put a de-badged on in though, IMO they look tacky as!

Lol too late mate ha ha. I can always change it back. When i did it mate one of the pins at the top snapped so I bought another from my local parts warehouse. When i went to put them back in though, i pulled the pins out the actual plug itself and put the plug into the hole, went in fine, then i put the pin in the top but it will only go in half way.

The other plug thing is too thick so i need to get a smaller one mate. looks good though.

DrHerbs

Nice looking Leon! Makes a nice change to see a non performance model getting some attention :D

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Jarre you've been updating! Looks well mate. Good power from the 1.2T aswell!

Us lot with the 'BOG' bumper try our best don't we.

No diss to those with non perfomance engines who have drastically changed the look of their car, the important thing is to make it our own and change it from standard. Learning and having fun doing it!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cheers guys! I certainly feel as though I've made this one my own, we'll see what else I think of to change!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Thought of getting the forge bov ? Or a new backbox ?

Looking realy smart btw !

Forge bov is too much for me to waste my money on. I considered a back box but to be honest I don't think I'll keep it long enough to bother. I'm already looking at changing to a diesel due to my mileage so nothing more will be spent on my car!

Although I'm hoping the council will pay up for the damage their driver caused to the front of my car - bonnet and front bumper need a respray and I need a new splitter as that has snapped! Total cost = £675!

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Hi Jarre, know this is an old thread but, when you plasti dipped the grill did you take the chre surround off or do it whilst it was on?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.