Terraclean on a Diesel

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
We had a demo for terraclean yesterday on a golf 1.9tdi 105 pd and a golf gti tfsi and it was mental how different they were before and after.

The engines were quiter, more so on the diesel.
Lower exhaust noise
No smoke from the exhaust after the treatment
Smoother to drive
Much more responsive

I was heavily sceptical but couldn't believe the results!
The system works by replacing the fuel with the terraclean chemicals then the engine is ran to circulate the fluid which turns into a negatively charged vapour, this allows it to flow back through the inlet. Once the first stage is complete you leave the car to soak and break down the carbon deposits then repeat as many times as you like until you are happy with the results.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
We had a demo for terraclean yesterday on a golf 1.9tdi 105 pd and a golf gti tfsi and it was mental how different they were before and after.

Lower exhaust noise
Smoother to drive
Much more responsive

The system works by replacing the fuel with the terraclean chemicals then the engine is ran to circulate the fluid which turns into a negatively charged vapour, this allows it to flow back through the inlet. Once the first stage is complete you leave the car to soak and break down the carbon deposits then repeat as many times as you like until you are happy with the results.

but you still get the unbelievers that have never tried it no matter what you say., the magic is all down to the terraclean chem :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
but you still get the unbelievers that have never tried it no matter what you say., the magic is all down to the terraclean chem :)

I think it's more sceptics rather than unbelievers, I mean it does sound a bit to good to be true sort of thing.

I'm interested now to see how long the effects last although the initial results do sound pretty good.

I used to have an older rover, it was the first of the 25 shapes but still a 200 with a 2L td engine, it was good but once every three months or so I would take it up a really big hill, holding the revs up near the red and it would smoke like crazy, after a short stretch the smoke would clear then it was a totally different beast, quieter, smoother and more power.

Now would it have been the same with the likes of a terraclean? Would it have needed that done every few months? That's what I'm interested in now.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE

Lower exhaust noise
Smoother to drive
Much more responsive

I have a Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport 100 bhp 2008 mk 4. how often do they recommend you to have it done ?

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
According to their website the main company/dealer have no set price it's all down to the person doing the job apparently it all comes down to costs. they set a price so they can cover the chems and running/travel costs so probably worth asking around if you have a few options close-by

Apr 13, 2011
hull
500ml of two stroke minarel oil makes your engine alot quiter also just throught I'd say :)

There ain't really any fuel adative that does what it says on the tin I have tested most on the market and there all as good as each other tobehonet and none of them really made much diffrance to be perfectly honest the two stroke oil was the only one that made the engine quiter am sure seatman even tryed this also

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
The thing with fuel additives is they are diluted by the fuel, apparently terraclean is put straight into the engine so there is no dilution (all from their website)

Apr 13, 2011
hull
There is another just like that where they fill your fuel filter while spraying an chemical into you intake and run it it smokes like crazy then apparently it's all cleaned out

SEAFOAM looks just like that terriclean stuff but seafoam has been around longer but it's very very highly rated around the web

Last edited:

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
there is another just like that where they fill your fuel filter while spraying an chemical into you intake and run it it smokes like crazy then apparently it's all cleaned out

seafoam looks just like that terriclean stuff but seafoam has been around longer but it's very very highly rated around the web

have you had it done wth seafoam ?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
You completely bypass the fuel system and the terraclean machine runs a really high cetane, unmolested, reffined diesel mixed 50:50 with the terra clean chemicals.

The rrp is £95+ vat and is recommended every 15k miles. There's talk of it becoming compulsory due to new EU legislation too.

I'm a fan of the old Italian tune up don't get me wrong but this is a different league.

What we intend to offer is a terra clean and engine oil flush combo that'll save the likes of full strip and cleans on the likes of TFSI engines.

It seems to be a flawless system though.

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You completely bypass the fuel system and the terraclean machine runs a really high cetane, unmolested, reffined diesel mixed 50:50 with the terra clean chemicals.

The rrp is £95+ vat and is recommended every 15k miles. There's talk of it becoming compulsory due to new EU legislation too.

I'm a fan of the old Italian tune up don't get me wrong but this is a different league.

What we intend to offer is a terra clean and engine oil flush combo that'll save the likes of full strip and cleans on the likes of TFSI engines.

It seems to be a flawless system though.

Ah now wait a minute, "What we intend to offer"

So you're biased then :whistle:

:bleh:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Ah now wait a minute, "What we intend to offer"

So you're biased then :whistle:

:bleh:

To be honest I thought it was a load of crap when it first appeared but then they came and did a demo on 2 of our cars and the difference was night and day.

I won't be making any extra money from it but I can rest assured we have a product that does exactly what it promises and ill push it where I can.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I think it's more sceptics rather than unbelievers, I mean it does sound a bit to good to be true sort of thing.

I'm interested now to see how long the effects last although the initial results do sound pretty good.

I used to have an older rover, it was the first of the 25 shapes but still a 200 with a 2L td engine, it was good but once every three months or so I would take it up a really big hill, holding the revs up near the red and it would smoke like crazy, after a short stretch the smoke would clear then it was a totally different beast, quieter, smoother and more power.

Now would it have been the same with the likes of a terraclean? Would it have needed that done every few months? That's what I'm interested in now.

there the ones who have never used it mate trust me you will feel a difference that's if you want to pay for it, i still use millers and the old Blast ect

engines are allot more advanced theses days since your flat cap rover days lol :D, hence Terraclean for newer engines.

if your a big Motorway driver i seen no point as this TC is really ideal for more short journey people as that is were i am, it will be a while before i have it done again as well as i see no need at the moment.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
To be honest I thought it was a load of crap when it first appeared but then they came and did a demo on 2 of our cars and the difference was night and day.

I won't be making any extra money from it but I can rest assured we have a product that does exactly what it promises and ill push it where I can.

Just twistin your melons :D

I'd be interested to see the effects on an older VE type engine though and how long it lasts. I don't get why it should need done at all every 15,000 miles though unless there's an underlying issue with the car in the first place.

Also interested to see how it would compare to liquid moly diesel purge.

What is it actually doing? Is it leaving some kind of coating on the valves like lead in the good old days? Is that why the engine's are quieter? Need more in depth info.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.