Recall Notice TDI engine

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
I got my FR 2nd half of October, so don't know if it might have been built as early as August? Am I safe to assume I'll get a letter from SEAT if mine is / might be affected?

seat130fr

whoa,we're going to ibiza
Aug 8, 2004
st. helens, merseyside
i had doubts and didnt know when my car was built(havin got my car on september 1st im guessin mine was one to be recalled), so i rung up seat customer care on 0500 222222 and they called me back and said not to worry as if i am affected letters will be out asap.

i only rung seat assistance cuz when i rung my local garage they wer nothing but arsewipes! sorry IMG SEAT!!!! but u was

Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Mine was changed during the 20k service today. Took delivery of the car in March/April 2004 so its a bit close to the affected dates. Got a new elecy window switch fitted and a little annoying rattle fixed too :thumbup:

Never got a letter from Seat UK to say it was affected, LC Charles took it upon themselves to sort it out.

Last edited:

mallen57

Dont think Seat are sending out letters, its basically a notice which Seat dealers recieved and the check will be carried out when vehicles go in for service checks. It all depends on what make of fuel pump is fitted. If its Bosch then its OK (which mine was), but if its manufactured by some other vendor then certain checks have to be carried out, i.e. retorquing of mounting bolts etc...

Rich W

Recall Notice TDI engine Reply to Thread

Got my letter last night - mine is a Leon 150 TDI, registered in June 2004.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i emailed my stealer, a few days ago regarding this recall. They phoned back and subsequently transfered me to the service department whom were completely disinterested. as its going in for some warranty work( rear washer pipe come off ) and a new front grill (got smashed by a flying 2 foot wooden log) they will supposedly check it out then. but i get the distinct feeling they wont bother.

well ill see what happens!

Dudemeister

ALTEA 2.0TDI SE Black Mag
Feb 19, 2002
Bromley, KENT
www.hulkhead.net
I received my letter from Seat yesterday and we have an Altea with the 2.0TDI sport diesel engine. the link say only 1.4 and 1.9 diesel engines. Suppose i'd better give them a call.

Does anyone know if the 2.0tdi's are effected?

Deleted member 5387

Got my letter this morning for my 150PD Leon Cupra registered September 04. Booked it in with my local service dept, and they couldn't (wouldn't) give me a time as to when they'd look at it and said I could leave it with them all day! Don't have a day off work for the next 5 weeks, so hopefully my fuel pump won't explode and spray diesel all over everyone behind me!

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Mine was checked when it was serviced last week. New bolts ordered and fitted today. Car booked in for 3pm, all done and on my way home for 4.10pm.

BGeeves

Apr 16, 2004
Took mine to WJ King Sidcup. They said come up whenever but not between 1-2pm. Went at 2:30pm, out at 2:45pm :thumbup:

They are going to change the pump and bolts to the new ones, but will call once the parts have been ordered.

They seem to be quite a good dealer and according to a few people on here aswell.

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Dudemeister said:
I received my letter from Seat yesterday and we have an Altea with the 2.0TDI sport diesel engine. the link say only 1.4 and 1.9 diesel engines. Suppose i'd better give them a call.

Does anyone know if the 2.0tdi's are effected?

Got mine this morning for my Altea 2.0TDI as well so I will call the garage tomorrow... Have you found if our 2.0's are covered by this?

Davidp

Owl Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wirral
Craig Senior said:
Mine was checked when it was serviced last week. New bolts ordered and fitted today. Car booked in for 3pm, all done and on my way home for 4.10pm.

Does that mean you had to go in and they checked if it needed fixing then they had to ORDER THE BOLTS then you had to come back. You think they would have bolts in stock.
Got my letter yesterday but dont want to go in while the dealers arse about and then say 'come back next week when we have the bolts'. Bloody hell what a pain got a service in 3 months suppose thats too long to wait.
Why do dealers always act like thay are doing you a favour by making you wait and then ask you to come back.
rant over grr!
:banghead2

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Davidp said:
Does that mean you had to go in and they checked if it needed fixing then they had to ORDER THE BOLTS then you had to come back. You think they would have bolts in stock.
Got my letter yesterday but dont want to go in while the dealers arse about and then say 'come back next week when we have the bolts'. Bloody hell what a pain got a service in 3 months suppose thats too long to wait.
Why do dealers always act like thay are doing you a favour by making you wait and then ask you to come back.
rant over grr!
:banghead2

They always have to order warrenty parts against specific chassis numbers IIRC so are unable to carry them in stock.

You would have thought that due to the number of vehicles affected and the fact that it is only a couple of bolts that have very little value that they would be able to stock them and change them there and then.

The way dealers operate will forever confuse me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.