Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
house of 1000 corpses,,, :lol:

slimjim said:
basstard knows more, ask him about PD engines

me?? :hide:
only thing I know is pd injectors are much more refined so I wouldn't be messing with them and SVO,,,
plus:
-pd electronic injection pump = $$$$$$$
-non pd mech inj pump = $$
-pd injectors = $$$$
-non pd injectors = $

YOU NEED TO CARE ABOUT WHAT COULD GO WRONG WITH 100% SVO COS IF YOU SPEND BIG MONEY TO REPLACE DAMAGED PARTS THEN IT'S :wave: SAVINGS

TDISam

HoorayforCaptainSpaulding
Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
aint got a clue, you pull up outside the unit and ring the bell, he lifts the shutters and then fills you up from a 1950s style petrol pump, you cross his palm with silver and away you go, (saw loads of empty cans of rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil out the back though) nice chap, my engines quieter and it seems smoother, get the occasional smell like you've left cooking oil on the gas but its a price i dont mind paying....

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
TDISam said:
aint got a clue, you pull up outside the unit and ring the bell, he lifts the shutters and then fills you up from a 1950s style petrol pump, you cross his palm with silver and away you go, (saw loads of empty cans of rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil out the back though) nice chap, my engines quieter and it seems smoother, get the occasional smell like you've left cooking oil on the gas but its a price i dont mind paying....
Thats pretty kool.

Don't suppose you would want to post how much you pay per litre? :whistle:

TDISam

HoorayforCaptainSpaulding
Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
Of course he pays tax, we're all law abiding members of the public, why wouldnt he mind sending a considerable amount of his money to gordon brown every month, after all no-one else minds do they.......

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
"A friend of mine...." bought 4 litres of rapeseed in the local supermarkey yesterday... noticing that the shelfs were almost empty.

"He" thinks that everyone else has had the same idea he has, to put 10-20% SVO in his tank as the price of fuel skyrockets and the general temerature is going up so the chances of the oil solidifying in his lines is low.

If "he" puts 36l of diesel in his tank and 4l of SVO, will his NON PD chipped leon be OK?

:whistle:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
slimjim said:
If "he" puts 36l of diesel in his tank and 4l of SVO, will his NON PD chipped leon be OK?:whistle:

I'd tell your friend he can put at least up to 8-10 liters of SVO in without many probs,,, I remember the friend of driveforward here did 20-25% with his non-pd,,,
put it in,
Fire it up let the Engines Roll/It's time to Burn it Down/Keep Bleedin on till the day you die/Forever Love it Loud
:hide:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
basstard said:
I'd tell your friend he can put at least up to 8-10 liters of SVO in without many probs,,, I remember the friend of driveforward here did 20-25% with his non-pd,,,
put it in,
Fire it up let the Engines Roll/It's time to Burn it Down/Keep Bleedin on till the day you die/Forever Love it Loud
:hide:
Hey ... KNEW I could rely on your Mr.Basstard..... :D

My "freind" has tried to get hold of DriveForward..... Im sure it will be safe. Might help him do it this weekend ;)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Standing in the supermarket carpark pouring in bottles of vegoil is a very satisfying experience...I have done it once, in full view of the long queues for the supermarket fuel station during a fuel crisis!

I think if you do a search on the words "Morrisons" (sp?) "and "lidl" you might bring up a thread where Ian and I were discussing where to get the cheapest veg oil. I think LIDL was slightly cheaper, but may have only been in 1 litre bottles, whereas Mozzas did it in 2 or 3l sizes.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
re-reading that post it seems we all do the same questions and get the same answers while very few actually did the experiment,,, as soon as my friend who has the appropriate card to buy the oil IVA [the italian VAT] free :funk: gets off his work I'm gonna buy some SVO and dilute it with diesel,,, italian temps are creeping up kinda fast now,,,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.