Exeo values

the stripler

Fighter pilot on Rails
Apr 8, 2014
Lanark, Scotland
I have a 2012 St170, only done 44k and mint.
Every month or so I go on the WBAC website (we buy any car). For a valuation
And the car has dropped in value by over 1300 quid in 1 month !!!!!! Wtf

Any one any ideas why

jasons76

May 9, 2016
its the vw emissions scandal that has affected the values, no one will touch one with a barge pole now.

the stripler

Fighter pilot on Rails
Apr 8, 2014
Lanark, Scotland
Mm..i was gonna change mine in november but to be honest in my opinion...theres nothing else out there that ticks all the boxes like my car does. So ive decided to keep it. I cant justify spending double the money to get a car that will not have half as much as mine

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
They've always been about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool. I sold a 12 plate SE Tech with 58,000 on in December last year for £5,700 IIRC. Don't know why I had 2 I thought they were great.

Also you need to bear in mind the current cost of personal contract hire. Currently you can get a 1.0l turbo petrol A3 for circa £170 a month. I'm paying £210 a month, incl VAT, for an A4 1.4 TFSI on a 3+23 12,000 mile p.a. deal.

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
I have a 2012 St170, only done 44k and mint.
Every month or so I go on the WBAC website (we buy any car). For a valuation
And the car has dropped in value by over 1300 quid in 1 month !!!!!! Wtf

Any one any ideas why

Unless you are desperate for money to make the ransom demand on your firstborn child, or pay off that loan to Big Harry before he reposseses your kneecaps, WBAC should to be avoided at all costs. Not only do they lowball you on initial price, when you turn up with the car their staff will do their utmost to find faults with it so they can drop the price further - they get paid comission based on how much they can knock off the quoted value.

Lat year they quoted me £800 for my Golf mk4 PD150 (top spec vehicle with 80k miles, no rust, no dents), then £830, then £850 then back to £800 again over the course of a couple of months. I never bothered taking it to a WBAC buyer and instead sold her on ebay for £1500 to a bloke who was a VW Tech and was very happy indeed.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
WBAC as with any other broker will hardly ever give you the market value for a car, house or what ever they're offering to sell for you. They also have to make money off it to pay for the advertising and the wages for people working in the company.

They'll offer an attractive price but when you actually try to sell it. They'll be taken money off for faults found plus I would guess some type of broker fee, so you'd get hundreds less than you were first offered.

It's only worth using a company like that if you're not able to sell the car yourself because you don't have the time.

As for the drop in value of the Exeo, this could have been number things. But to list a few your car is coming up to 5 years old which makes it less saleable. There is a growing anti diesel feeling that'll hit the value of all diesel cars. The Exeo is also caught up in the VW recall with questions over the long term reliability of the software update. Plus as said above the Exeo was never a popular car in the first place.

A couple of years ago the Exeo was at the top of list of cars to replace my MK1 Leon. I still like the car but now I'm more likely to get be getting a MK3 Leon once my MK1 stops working or tax increases force me to change it.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Yep as others have said - diesel, emissions scandal & the Exeo was never that popular in the first place.

Like you I've monitored my cars value (same car as yours except a 2013 with 48k on it) using WBAC and it's dropped from 10k in December last year to around 6k a couple of months ago. I've given up watching to be honest!

As you say - there's nothing else around for double price that's marginally better so I'm just keeping it too.

Tracker400

Sep 2, 2017
I know everyone rants on about the whole emissions scandal but honestly I don't think it's going to affect prices as much as we all think.

Agree that the Exeo is certainly a bargain compared to similar cars out there though.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
To be honest im more worried about what they will do with the cost of our tax on the diesels since they announced that they will be charging more on "old" diesels due to nox emissions. I think that has had a major impact on value as well. What do they consider old? How much will they eventually charge. Surely it should really be done on nox emissions not how old it is. I never got the fix done. Probably wont either.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.