which Vagcom& Cable (Very Confused)

adevtr

Jun 21, 2004
I have bought the VAG106 cable & VCDS off this company & although they are not "genuine" bits they do the job brillently and are not a rip off company. They have excellent support & have helped me out with info many times (even replace the cable FOC when it developed a problem) Does everything it says on the can...:D

How much did you pay?

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
The VAG106 cables are illegal copies of our product. As long as you don't mind promoting the work of the thieves that steal our product, I guess it is a good deal. VCDS 10.6 is what they stole and sell as VAG106. We do all we can to stop these people. But, consumers keep them going.

Sure, they do it cheap. They invest virtually nothing other than the time to defeat our protection schemes. All the rest of the work in your tool is courtesy of Ross-Tech. Enjoy....

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Either of those wires look to be fine for VCDS-Lite. I know the blue style has had pretty good reports. I know nothing about the first link.

Make sure they supply you with the proper drivers for their wires. The VCDS-Lite download does not have drivers to make the wire talk with VCDS-Lite. The provider of the wire must supply this to you.

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hello Bruce, I am looking to get VCDS Lite as i only need it for clearing/reading error codes. I understand that you do the shareware version, however, where would i be able to purchase a cable which would work. Obviously Ebay, but as you have said in this thread ' Buyer Beware ' so i would appreciate all the help :)

My car : 2002 Seat Ibiza
Thanks Buddy

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Yes, I was lazy and did not do your homework. Yes that is the item they supply. They are our distributor for our full systems as well. Dean and Grant are good friends. I don't think you will have trouble with them as a source of supply. Yes, their price may be a bit higher but I know you can call them on the phone and talk with them. Try that with an eBay seller. Few will answer.

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Exactly, i'd rather pay a bit more and get it right. Thats fine i don't mind doing the leg work, after all i am the one wanting it!

Thanks alot Bruce,
All the best.

Scooby2

Query for German Distributor

Hi

From the Ross-Tech site I think I need:

VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface

for my 2012 (but 2011 model) 6J Seat Cupra. However the carriage from the US comes up at $66 for delivery by DHL. To reduce he carriage I checked out my nearest distributor in Germany (I live in Spain) from the link on the US site. The only options from there are:

Program VAG-COM 311.3 in Spanish for KKL interfaces

VCDS 10.6.3 in Spanish, Italian or Portuguese

Program VCDS 10.6.3 in English plus Spanish or Italian or Portuguese

This is totally different from the Ross-Tech site. Which do I need?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:confused:

Electrolytic

is KKL a KEY type interface?

I have purchased a Gendan KKL cable, can't find a lot about KKL. Is it a KEY type interface, is it a KLL type?

is it safe to plug a K type into a car that might be CANBUS?

the car is a 2004 SEAT LEON (1M), looking on the VCDS compatibility chart it is KEY/KLL ok.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It really depends on what you want to do with VCDS, if it is to only ever use it on a 2011 Ibiza, and you want to only ever read and clear logged faults, then someone selling VCDS Lite would suit your purpose, ie you buy a proper compatible interface and down load the older freeware version of VCDS which is VCDS Lite. If you want to be able to reprogram modules and perform basic setting for some replacement parts, then as a minimum you would need to buy a genuine VCDS HEX-USB+CAN that someone is selling on, but be aware that if you stay with VW Group cars, that listed used genuine version would run out of use as a complete tool on cars newer than 2016 roughly. So if that does not seem to be what you want to do and you aim to stay with VW Group cars in the future and would therefore end up with a newer than 2016 car sooner than later, then what you need is the VCDS HEX-V2 ??VIN.
As you will have worked out, this current version of VCDS comes with limited "full" use to either 3 or 10 cars with different VINs, the RossTech website explains the logic in that, so either as a DIYer you buy the 3VIN version or the 10VIN version, some basic tasks can be carried out on unlimited cars as outlined on the website.
I have owned this scan tool since maybe early 2002, first as VAG-COM which I traded in against VCDS when VW Group had changed things a lot, now I've traded my VCDS HEX-USB+CAN for a VCDS HEX-V2 10VIN as that version should suit my continued usage of this scan tool.

Edit:- out of staying away from copying scammers, stay away from things that don't sound exactly like VCDS as I'd doubt if they are ever updating it or providing any support, but I'd hope that you have read some of the earlier postings so know this, currently VCDS HEX-USB+CAN is running release 19.6.1 so anyone selling anything with an earlier release is a scammer.

Deleted member 103408

And further to the above it depends on what you want to code on your car as there are now many OBD2 Applications (including VCDS) that will allow you to make many many changes that VCDS Supports with unlimited cars and some cool features.

I would also point out that some of these tools also support BMW and other marques so have a look around to see what options are available to you.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.