Whats the difference between the cupra and cupra R

Jonboy582

Hello people, I am back again. I have changed what car I want yet again. Now I am looking at the Mk1 cupra rather than Mk2 FR. So what I want to know, what are the benefits of the cupra R over the standard cupra. I don't mean "more BHP" I mean stuff like better handling through better suspension and dampers etc.

Say I could get a decent cupra for £5800 and the cupra R for £10000 could I modify the standard cupra to be a better handling faster car for less than an extra 4k? (no weight reduction I need back seats and want carpets lol).

What would this do to the resale value of the car as well?

Oh and I would have to pay someone to do the work, cos most jobs I could not do myself, I have a trainee mechanic friend who could do some of the more basic things.

Oh and one of the things I would want would be a Quaife LSD

Jon

Jonboy582

Well I have done that .... and there are no comparisons. I would not have asked otherwise, and if you can find detailed info on both OR a comparison on here you are a better man than me.

Fair enough I can go to parkers but that's just words and figures nothing in lamens terms.

Jonboy582

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
No offence I have no idea what LCR stands for so would never have searched for that. I don't see why I seem to get all these sarcy comments. I asked a honest question and had not heard the term LCR which I assumed means Leon Cupra R. Besides this still means nothing as you may as well be comparing the "LCR" to a Megan as its not the other car I was looking at.

In this case, LCR refers to Leon Cupra R and LC refers to Leon Cupra - either term is used freely around here :)

As for the sarcy comments, they're probably because you're not the first person by far to ask - it's nothing personal.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
You can get an LCR for a lot less than 10k at the minute i'd guess! I paid that for my low miler before the credit crunch!
LCR comes with brembo brakes as standard, more supportive seats, different body kit, 18" wheels instead of 17", different turbo and inter-cooler set up (K04 = more power), different spring and damper set up, different ARB set up, better resale value (modded cars don't seem to hold much value) etc etc.
Hope that helps a bit :)

Jonboy582

You can get an LCR for a lot less than 10k at the minute i'd guess! I paid that for my low miler before the credit crunch!
LCR comes with brembo brakes as standard, more supportive seats, different body kit, 18" wheels instead of 17", different turbo and inter-cooler set up (K04 = more power), different spring and damper set up, different ARB set up, better resale value (modded cars don't seem to hold much value) etc etc.
Hope that helps a bit :)
Thank you so much, your the only person who seemed to understand I wanted a comparison :D. Although Uncle fester did help quite a bit too.

Yeah I could get one cheaper but I need to part ex my car so I wont be in such a strong position. I just saw a Mk 1 Leon with front LSD and 348bhp for sale for just over 10k on ebay. I must say I'm tempted, that's some serious tire shredding ability.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Thank you so much, your the only person who seemed to understand I wanted a comparison :D. Although Uncle fester did help quite a bit too.

Yeah I could get one cheaper but I need to part ex my car so I wont be in such a strong position. I just saw a Mk 1 Leon with front LSD and 348bhp for sale for just over 10k on ebay. I must say I'm tempted, that's some serious tire shredding ability.

You have gone from Cupra to LCR to Highly modified LCR which with the greatest of respect is a huge difference.........

I'd suggest you would want to do some careful checking of a highly modified car like that, sounds like a decent spec if it's the car below. Do some searching and question asking on here about the IHI turbo, good turbo just some problems with cracking etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SEAT-LEO...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318

The Peloquin ATD diff (it's not an LSD) will help with reducing the tyre shredding

Jonboy582

You have gone from Cupra to LCR to Highly modified LCR which with the greatest of respect is a huge difference.........

I'd suggest you would want to do some careful checking of a highly modified car like that, sounds like a decent spec if it's the car below. Do some searching and question asking on here about the IHI turbo, good turbo just some problems with cracking etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SEAT-LEO...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318

The Peloquin ATD diff (it's not an LSD) will help with reducing the tyre shredding
Ahh it was that, and damn I assumed it was never checked it out damn. Well I just want as much performance for my money as I can get without looking like a boy racer. And that was one option I came across as body work is pretty much factory standard. I asked the seller a question and he never replied so I assume there IS some problems with it not shown. That was 3 days ago now.

Wastegate86

black mk3 cupra
Nov 3, 2008
East Devon
no offence but would prob stay away from something that highly modified unless they were a member from the site...never sure what your buying
not to mention the hassel you'd go through reading that list of mods to your insurance company lol

Jonboy582

no offence but would prob stay away from something that highly modified unless they were a member from the site...never sure what your buying
not to mention the hassel you'd go through reading that list of mods to your insurance company lol
LOL ok I will steer clear. Well I was hoping more in the 260 - 275 bhp range anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise