Strange sound from engine...

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well so far no posting by OP to close this thread down, so it will remain a secret, though I've changed my suggestion from turbo to auxiliary air pump now that it has been mentioned by others who have one and know what they could sound like.

mofofunk

Ibiza 1.8T 20v FR
Apr 7, 2014
Preston
Gents,

My apologies for leaving you hanging so long; through one thing or another I've not had a chance to look into it further, until the other day. I took in into my local garage (as nothing was picked up on the MOT since my original post) and described the noise and when it was occurring etc and left the car with them (was unable to stay with them and demonstrate). HOWEVER; they were unable to recreate the noise to be able to investigate! The only thing they did say (which I was suspecting anyway) was that the aircon needed to be regassed and it was leaked check and all came back fine.....

Tomorrow I am taking my car to ADS in Preston to have Revo stage 1; part of their arrangement is to health check the car prior to putting the map on so I am hoping I can demonstrate the noise to these guys so they can offer a solution!

Watch this space; hopefully will have an update or an answer soon :)

Thanks again

mofofunk

Ibiza 1.8T 20v FR
Apr 7, 2014
Preston
Turned out to be the secondary airpump! No idea whats up with it, but now sounds worse than ever; so I've just taken the fuse out of it! Not the cheapest thing to replace and only need it for emissions control (from what I gather) so i'll stick the fuse back in at MOT time :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.