ibiza sport 1400 101ps koni fsd impresions

atsimas

Apr 21, 2015
This week I refurbished my suspension, at last.
The car has over 180.000 km
The tires (michelin primacy 3 195/50r15) have 2+years in their back. For michelin, that's a lot.
The shock absorbers were long gone. I installed koni fsd, with new bearings and bearing base.
The wheel bearings are in excellent working condition.
The ball joints and anti roll bars while not having excessive wear were also changed.
The steering wheel bars were also changed.(They had to.)
Note that I reside in Athens, Hellas,
were years of economic strain has rendered the already bad constructed roads to crap.
Not all of them but the percentage is overwhelming.
So in speeds less than 40km/h the car is more or less the same as before.
It is smoother but not so much.
In speeds over over 40 km/h, it changes character.
The deeper the pot hole, the smoother, (comparatively to the smaller pot holes), the ride is.
As to the before, the change was so drastic it can be compared with the difference between day and night.
As proof, the trim squeaks, a lot less. The radio is audible in normal intensity, at last.
In the high speed bends the car exhibits the usual oversteer though the limit is reached in higher speed and deeper in the turn, tilts a bit to the outside of the turn due to a preset distance of actuation I believe,
making it not as firm as a sport package should be, but sufficient enough for not only the casual commuter.
When slightly over the limits the car straightens a lot quicker than before and without the much before necessary correction.
Comparing to the wasted absorbers they replaced the car now sits higher at about 10 cm.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.