help changing steering wheel

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you have an airbag then turn it 90 degrees left or right and at the back about level with the horn buttons theres 2 holes for access to 2 allen or spline headed bolts

tip : undo your battery earth for 15/20 mins first and be careful of the wiring that clips in the back

not sure what size the main nut is though from memory

if you havent got an airbag just prise the horn pad off and disconnect the wires

EvilKinevil

Mar 24, 2004
Scotland
you will need

2 Allen Keys to remove the air bag ( remove the +ve connection to the battery and leave for 15 mins before attampting) think keys are 5mm

pull the air bag out and there is a wire behind it, pull the connection, it just pops out.

then you will need a big socket and a socket wrench to remove the main nut, think its 18mm (not positive on size)

pull the steering wheel towards you and it should come off without too much fuss.

remember to have the origonal wheel in a streight position to put the new on on streight! ;)

its an easy enough job, just take your time

be care full not to chack the airbag cable when putting everything back together. I chacked mine last week and broke the cable :whistle:
this brings on the airbag light and you need vagcom to re-set the light one it is on :censored:

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
cheers guys i was worried about disconecting the air bag
only got the harneses to fit for castle combe

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.