steering wheel

neilandbob

Dec 17, 2006
uffculme devon
hi guys noticed yesterday that the alignment of the steering wheel is not straight , onlt a tad out but very annoying , what can i do about it :(

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I noticed this on mine and got the dealer to take a look, they said they corrected (it was offset to the right got it back and now its offset to the left.) Again its only slight but you'd have thought in this day and age with bluetooth lights that see round corners they can at least get the steering wheel straight!!!

I'll be asking again when next at the dealer but I don't hold up much hope, had the same problem with my Mini that went it 4 times for this and still wasn't right in the end!!:(

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
I noticed this on mine and got the dealer to take a look, they said they corrected (it was offset to the right got it back and now its offset to the left.) Again its only slight but you'd have thought in this day and age with bluetooth lights that see round corners they can at least get the steering wheel straight!!!

I'll be asking again when next at the dealer but I don't hold up much hope, had the same problem with my Mini that went it 4 times for this and still wasn't right in the end!!:(

I've spotted this on two demo Cupras - both ever so slightly out but noticeable non the less. Saying that though, probably not worth mentioning to the dealer who could potentially make it worse.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
Now thats gonna bug me, the first thing i will check when I sit back in the car is the alignment of the steering wheel. If it's not straight it will annoy me so, I just hate things like that.

But as Emm says if you do take it to the dealer they could make it worse.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Think its one of the things that I'll have to live with the dealers not made it worse just switched the problem from right to left. Again something that most won't notice but I do all the time!!!!

Now thats gonna bug me, the first thing i will check when I sit back in the car is the alignment of the steering wheel. If it's not straight it will annoy me so, I just hate things like that.

But as Emm says if you do take it to the dealer they could make it worse.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members