What do you all do for a job

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Does student count as a job...?

No. Get a job you peasant slacker! Haha
A good satisfying one like mine for which you spent 5 years in uni getting a BSc and MSc. It's great! I feel very content with my IT career. It's very fulfilling. And as an extra bonus, you learn to be really sarcastic!

cw13666

Jan 13, 2013
Cardiff
No. Get a job you peasant slacker! Haha
A good satisfying one like mine for which you spent 5 years in uni getting a BSc and MSc. It's great! I feel very content with my IT career. It's very fulfilling. And as an extra bonus, you learn to be really sarcastic!

When i'm finished it'll have been six years! You got it easy with five!
Then I can try get the job I want and repay those peasant slacker years to myself :p

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
When i'm finished it'll have been six years! You got it easy with five!
Then I can try get the job I want and repay those peasant slacker years to myself :p

When you said six I remembered...it was six! I had an extra year in my BSc as I went off doing other crap... So technically 5 ;)

I had a "plan" too...

Start working in IT Consulting, for about 2-3 years. Back then (in Holland) there was still such a thing as a bonus too. So I figured; 3 years of that, and I'll have my student loan pretty much paid off!
Then get a more stable non-consulting job.

What happened was I started in consulting...spent all my money on getting p*ss-faced and eating. 2008, so no bonus to be seen (and I have moved to the UK).

Met a pretty lady. Married her. Had child. All money GONE.
Now I still have pretty much my full (MASSIVE) student loan which is about the same as a small mortgage a month, no longer in consulting (family and all) and stuck in a dead-end crappy IT job.

Plan THAT!

cw13666

Jan 13, 2013
Cardiff
When you said six I remembered...it was six! I had an extra year in my BSc as I went off doing other crap... So technically 5 ;)

I had a "plan" too...

Start working in IT Consulting, for about 2-3 years. Back then (in Holland) there was still such a thing as a bonus too. So I figured; 3 years of that, and I'll have my student loan pretty much paid off!
Then get a more stable non-consulting job.

What happened was I started in consulting...spent all my money on getting p*ss-faced and eating. 2008, so no bonus to be seen (and I have moved to the UK).

Met a pretty lady. Married her. Had child. All money GONE.
Now I still have pretty much my full (MASSIVE) student loan which is about the same as a small mortgage a month, no longer in consulting (family and all) and stuck in a dead-end crappy IT job.

Plan THAT!

I'll start with just trying to get the job part! It'll be the hardest part! :think:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
What was the cost to become a fully trained pilot as I have done some reading and its very very expensive to start. Im thinking of taking my PPL License soon. Need a change lol

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
Sooooo jealous :(
I hate IT.

Planes or cars, that's what I want to do.
I'd even settle for IT for an airline or automotive company.

Anybody? :) highly trained!

Some of the IT work at Monarch would be quite fun, working with tablet integration with the actual aircraft systems. We're going to be the first airline with a certified class 2 EFB system. Pretty high pressure though. I think I'll stay at the pointy end.

What was the cost to become a fully trained pilot as I have done some reading and its very very expensive to start. Im thinking of taking my PPL License soon. Need a change lol

I trained with CTC on the CTC Wings integrated course. I remortgaged my grandparents house for £88,000. £117,000 roughly with 10 year interest. The salary is worth it if you can get a job but while I'm paying back the loan it's the equivalent of about £25,000. The integrated courses are the only way of quickly getting into a jet at the moment so if you go for it you need to be all in. Getting your PPL would be great but if the end goal is commercial flying it would be more expensive but better overall to do a fulltime course. I used a house as security for a loan but there are ways now (with MPL courses etc) to have an airline secure your loan.

There may be some useful information on my blog. http://pilot.theeisners.co.uk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members