are you worried about value of your car

jasons76

May 9, 2016
are you worried about the effect all the bad press recently (watchdog etc) about the VAG recall problems will have on the value of our cars as it seems that realistically people would be frightened to purchase a 2nd hand VAG diesel which will have an effect on our cars value mine has had the fix and touch wood has been ok but reading various forums and Facebook groups there are lots of people with problems I love my car and am very happy with it and it has done relatively low miles at 79000 compared to some of the mileages on my other thread so it has plenty of life left in it all being well but I don't want to be left in a situation where it is worthless is anybody else worried I do feel us owners should get some form of compensation from VW to help with the drop in value.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Slightly but compared to other VAG cars (and other makes) my Exeo was pretty good value when I purchased it in 2014 so it doesn't have as far to drop compared to other affect TDi's.

In fact the only other cars for the same age and mileage at the time were bogo spec megane/astra estates - 1.4 non turbo petrol's if I recall!

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Currently trying to sell a 2011 leon 140 tdi sport - low mileage (37K) full service history - vag fix done - But no one will go near it - horror stories about diesels and the VAG scandal !:shrug:
In essence - not worth a carrot - depreciation on value is now more than horrendous !!

jasons76

May 9, 2016
Currently trying to sell a 2011 leon 140 tdi sport - low mileage (37K) full service history - vag fix done - But no one will go near it - horror stories about diesels and the VAG scandal !:shrug:
In essence - not worth a carrot - depreciation on value is now more than horrendous !!

thats my concerns certainly would think twice about buying a VAG diesel so why should people buy mine and when we trade it in we lose our bargaining powers feel quite aggrieved that we are being penalised for this.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I have a TDi, can't say as I'm fussed with what its valued at, but thankfully I've not had any VAG fix done, which may be your problem.

I'm never buying another diesel again though, but I knew that when I purchased this one..

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Well I've had 2 184's - my old 14 plate - which was a fantastic car - and my new 2016MY 17 plate .
The new one is not a patch on the old one - but that's for the stealer's to sort out the problems !
The 2011 I'm trying to sell has had the vw fix and still drives and looks like it was new , with new tyres and 12 months MOT - still not worth a carrot . Maybe its too easy to have a new car on PCP for 2 or 3 years nowadays ! Or Im just growing old ungracefully !:(:D
However -trade in for my 14 plate was pretty good - so cant understand why anything over 5 years old is 'technically' in the dump - monetary value wise ! :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.