Exeo - Sat nav with SD card

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Hi folks,

After a quick search I cant find what im looking for, how do you get the sat nav disc data onto an SD card, so that I can free up the disc slot for my CD while im using the sat nav function?

I managed to do this on the sat nav of a Leon FR, but I cant seem to work out how/if its possible on the Exeo.

Any help would be much appreciated.

mrdo

Jan 10, 2013
any posts that i've read have said that it's not possible. :-(

DWaldie

Aug 21, 2012
Iv tried put it on the sd card through the laptop but i cant get it to work. Anyone managed to do this?

Nobody on here has managed to get it working, but why bother? Leave the DVD in and put your music on SC cards. The joys of not having to swap disks all the time.

Wil

Sep 14, 2017
New to the forum, recently bought a 2010 Exeo and wondered if anyone had solved this issue?

I've tried to wade through the masses of information on this thread seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309
However still not sure if there is a version I can download to update my maps and run from the SD card.

Apologies if my searching skills should have found the answer but really grateful if someone could help. Thank you.

GREEBO22

Daft Old Codger
Dec 27, 2015
Coventry UK
Hi Wil
Sorry to let you know but the Exeo head unit is old Audi tech ( model RNS-E ) and the SD slots only support music where as most other models in the VAG group ( of simular age & newer) have newer tech units (MMI )

Wil

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for the reply Mafiateam1. Update the disk it is then, are they available for download anywhere? Or is fleabay my best, cheapest option?

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
If you really want to play CD's you could just do what I did, and swap out the ipod connection and replace it with the CD Multichanger the RNSE is designed for. The ipod conection in the glove compartment simply pulls out and the standard VAG CD multichanger just slots in, clips to the wiring and works straight away. The head unit and wiring is actually designed and setup for the CD multichanger.

Wil

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks both, appreciate the replies.

I found the files on gpsarchive but the last part of the file is corrupt, trying from another site now but with only one part per day it's a slow process.

Re the multi changer is it this model I'm after? AUDI A4 B6 B7 2002 - 2008 6 DISC CD - CHANGER 8E0035111 / 8E0 035 111

Thanks again.

Last edited:

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks both, appreciate the replies.

I found the files on gpsarchive but the last part of the file is corrupt, trying from another site now but with only one part per day it's a slow process.

Re the multi changer is it this model I'm after? AUDI A4 B6 B7 2002 - 2008 6 DISC CD - CHANGER 8E0035111 / 8E0 035 111

Thanks again.

Yes that looks like the one. I managed to get one a couple of years ago for £25 that came out of an accident damaged skoda.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.