CHIPEX - Stone chip repair kit - NEW SCN sponsor

Jav121

Aug 13, 2011
West Yorkshire
Is the 25% off code still valid? Think i'll be needing this with the bonnet of ma new Leon covered in stone chips and boy do they look bad on red

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
I do mine with paints4u stuff, comes mixed with paint and lacquer and artists brush.

I clean the stonechip, or stonechips with thinners, paint it so its like a blob, flat it back with 3000 grit wet and dry then machine polish over, if theres loads and its random road rash ill wipe a paint/lacquer soaked microfibre across the panel in question leave it to go hard for a few days flat it back then machine that up. works wonders :)

I imagine with chipex all the blending solution does is wipe away the excess so you dont get the blob of paint, i bet it still doesnt look as shiny and un noticeable as my method :) lol

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Shame your not closer, i did a whole stone spattered wing at the weekend, that had been left all week to harden, i just prepared the panel so it was clean and wax/polish free, wiped a microfibre cloth soaked with the correct colour/lacquer over it and left it, flatted it back with 2000 grit then polished it back up with my DA 6 pro and menz cut pad with menz fg500 polish. never knew it had been done ! :D

irishmanr26

Jun 30, 2010
Ireland
Is there anything else that will work instead of this blending sloution?
Ive used mine once and its gone. A bit of it had spilled out when I got it in the post and the rest seems to have evapourated!! Dont fancy spending £10 on another bottle either for the same thing to happen

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Is there anything else that will work instead of this blending sloution?
Ive used mine once and its gone. A bit of it had spilled out when I got it in the post and the rest seems to have evapourated!! Dont fancy spending £10 on another bottle either for the same thing to happen

I have the same problem, I don't think I screwed the lid on properly and next time i went to use it there was none left!

irishmanr26

Jun 30, 2010
Ireland
I screwed mine on as tight as I could but it still disappeared. Must have been a dodgy lid I got as it leaked in the post as well

Aimez

Shame your not closer, i did a whole stone spattered wing at the weekend, that had been left all week to harden, i just prepared the panel so it was clean and wax/polish free, wiped a microfibre cloth soaked with the correct colour/lacquer over it and left it, flatted it back with 2000 grit then polished it back up with my DA 6 pro and menz cut pad with menz fg500 polish. never knew it had been done ! :D

Well i have a DAS6 pro now i tried it with meg uni grit paper and just Seat touch up paint and some came out well other not so good! Mainly due to the joke size brush it comes with form Seat and colour match was not great. I am petrified of trying it on the wing it it a year old and when Seat had it in to replace the second wing they chipped the one they fitted before, I gave up complaining about all the things that went wrong when the car went in so never even bothered to mention this!

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
The 25% code has expired so i just used the 15% off one. Ordered it tonight. I am a complete novice at this but cleaning the front of my car leaves me depressed at all the chips. Will try and posts before and after pics.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Never evaporated on me, if the lid isn't screwed on then its going to leak. Can't see why you'd have any problems

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
ive had mine a few weeks now.. none evaporated. just depends on if the lid is sealed properly or not

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Recieved my kit today, from the instructions it looks quite simple to do. But i wont say anything until i actually start. Will be up early on saturday morning thats for sure!
Anyone got any tips/things to look out for?