ECU Swapping

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
depends what you fiddle with?

if you recode the clocks to your new ECU, it won't work until you recode it back

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi mork wonder if you can help ive got a lupo gti an fitted a bam engine an ecu with immobilizer removed car runs fine just want to cheak for faults but code reader cant connect it can read abs an air bag faults jst not engine do you think the ecu wants programin to the clocks or clocks to ecu cheers james

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It sounds like the engine ECU might not be connected to the CAN-bus loom; even if the ECU needed to be coded to the clocks, it's still allow it to be interrogated by the OBDII

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi mork ive got the can bus high an can bus low connected do you think it wil only use can bus high an low to read the diagnostic port or is there some other wires it needs wil it only read on obdII as well cheers for replyin

rombonie

Been trying to do an ecu swap as descrided but no joy. It has the immob 3. do you know if you can do this without the skc code?

it a 2002 toledo v5 by the way :)

rombonie

aye.

mOrk, would you know how to get the pin from the instument cluster?

Do you know much about vagtacho?

cheers dorian

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I know of vagtacho, but I've never used it

I did have an SKC reader, but I never tried it for fear of cocking up the ECU

rombonie

I'm to the point of trying anything right now, cars been off the road since last sept. driving me mad and has cost a fortune already.

Might give vagtacho a go

Jay

Mar 6, 2004
france
Visit site
i will soon try to swap an ecu on a mk3 ibiza cupra (it's immo 2 if i'm right), do i need a skc code to do it ?

the procedure for immo 2 seems really simple, i thought you had to read some values from old ecu and write it to new one.

also will there be a problem with the radio (need radio code) ?

thanks for helping me to be sure i will do it correctly :lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Jay,

You don't need SKC - it's Immo2 & it's so easy you can do it in your sleep.

No radio code on the Mk3 HU

Mark

S17EW O

i might b swapping a 225 LCR ecu with a 225 LCR ECU with revo stage 1, is this just the imobi code and then everything works perfectly or is there anything else....

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
Just helped with doing a Cupra BAM engine conversion into a 1.6 golf including the dreaded ECU swap
pain free

if anyone needs a hand with it drop me a PM!

underbraking

Hello guys,
I have a 2009 Leon Cupra with an APR fully loaded ECU, I'm planing to change my car for a brand new 2011. Can I swap the ECU between both cars using this procedure?
The reason I ask this is because the new Cupra only accepts one APR program...it seems like the new ECU has a smaller EPROM....
thanks!!!

Theresias

How's that supposed to work? :)

Your 2009 had a completely different engine that the 2011, also the ECU is a completely new generation with different pin outs etc. The problem here is not that the ECU has a smaller memory (the opposite is true), but APR hasn't figured a way to do switchable programs on the MED17 yet. ;)

underbraking

wow!! mine was delivered on December last year, and I own a service shop here in Colombia. I thought engines were identical!!
Thanks a lot!!!
regards from Colombia!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.