best wheel cleaner

OvEr_KiLL

Apr 6, 2014
North West
ok guys my babys getting her new shoes in a few days and i want the Strongest alloy wheel cleaner which gets rid of brake dust etc. with anti corrosion stuff...which one?

rottenpete83

hi mate if you can get in touch with your local autosmart rep get some smartwheels of him acid free great stuff also if you have really baked on brakedust and fallout bonded to the wheel try some iron cleanse expensive but amazing stuff. any of the car cleaning websites all stock this hope that helps.

OvEr_KiLL

Apr 6, 2014
North West
thanx man, after a bit of reading i think im going for bilt hamber alloy wheel cleaner, which says it does the iron stuff aswel

nathanh

The best wheel cleaner that i have used to date
Has to be the hell tyre and wheel cleaner from autobrite. Its awesome!!!

r4ider

Oct 4, 2014
u have to use 2 products

APC : wichever brand , chemical guys , pinnacle , wathever should work fine
Iron remover : Carpro IRONX > this its the original , all the others are copies and don't work as good.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I use Brillo pads best on the market lol plus only £1 give it a go, I've got silver wheels and could never get baked on break dust off,, so yesterday I tried Brillo pads and OMG they are amazing, they won't scratch your alloys ether, let me no if u decide to use them and of the out come. Thanks and good luck.

Dannheath

Seat Ibiza Sport Owner
Jun 30, 2014
I'd recommend the cherry wheel cleaner from Autobrite, I leave it on for 10 mins and let it soak and it easily removes all the brake dust!

gurpalbasra

Jul 14, 2008
Plus one for Bilberry. Plus not as scary as using Wonder Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I use gyeon Q2M iron, basically the same as IronX but I prefer it, seems to go further and isn't as harsh smelling, you can use it as clay lube too if you get their clay. Brings the wheels up brilliantly though. Regardless of brand I would get an iron remover of some description rather than acid based wonder wheels / autoglym stuff though.

DrifterX27

Car Lord
Jan 18, 2015
SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS

It goes on green, and the changes to purple as it dissolves all the iron on your wheels. It's cool to watch, but smells horrible.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Billberry Wheel cleaner in my opinion is the best, not acidic and smells great, used neat will get rid of all but the most stubborn stains and after use the wheels look great.

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Sonax Xtreme wheel cleaner full effect is good, not that cheap when compared to similar products.
Bilt Hamber auto wheel is great value and performance.

I don't use wheel cleaners that often anymore since I started waxing/sealing them, so much easier to clean, just use shampoo and a brush/microfibre noodle mitt.

driver33

Apr 9, 2016
Hmm and at 13 squid for a litre bottle it's not as over-priced as some other stuff. This goes on my list of detailing products to buy I reckon.

I might give that a go. First time that I have had diamond cut alloys...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members