Getting a Log book

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Bought a Leon FR that has come into work as a Finance Repo, There is no log book with it so cant tax it.
If I can find the previous owners postcode then I can apply for a new log book & also tax it at the Post office.
Does any one know of any way of finding out the previous postcode?
I have tried DVLA but they wont tell me.

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
Is it just the postcode you need or the full address?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
In that case if u have the 1st line of the address you can use royal mail postcode finder. A quick Google search should bring the right site.

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
If you dont have the address then all you can do is pat the fee for a new v5. I believe the fee is £20 or £25.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
It is £25, Paying that is no problem, The problem part is if I dont put the previous post code on the bottom section then I cant tax it at post office at the same time so it would be sat there until V5 comes back in my name.

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
I've not had that problem before. I've purchased many cars from salvage auctions without logbooks and been down to post office to apply and get tax at the same time. Unless the rules have changed in the last few months that I'm not aware of you should be able to get the vehicle taxed at the same time as you submit your request for a v5.

I believe the form you need to fill in is the v60 and this did not have a section to put the previous keepers postcode.

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
Correction its the v62 as per the link in the above post. Thats the form I've always used.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
I've not had that problem before. I've purchased many cars from salvage auctions without logbooks and been down to post office to apply and get tax at the same time. Unless the rules have changed in the last few months that I'm not aware of you should be able to get the vehicle taxed at the same time as you submit your request for a v5.

I believe the form you need to fill in is the v60 and this did not have a section to put the previous keepers postcode.

If there is no registered keeper or it is registered to Trade then you dont need the postcode, I spoke to DVLA & it is still registered to someone.

FR200

FR200
Apr 3, 2017
London
Hello mate, I had the issue too. Bought a car from the dealer, without v5, told me, sure, go to post office to get tax. Nope, had to fill out form, then dvla write to previous owner. Takes about 3 weeks, if previous owner doesn't object or reply, dvla will issue logbook to u in post.

Then you can apply for road tax etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
Sorry then fella. I was speaking from my experience but I guess this is different from here.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.