The History of SCN

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Martyn said:
lol!

Curborough still sticks in my mind....big time...Going out on the lash with Brendy, Brendys mate, Monkey Boy, Alex and Mark....ahhh the Cedar Tree lol!
yea haha the cetar tree, rugeleys most happening club...according to the macdonalds employees who we thought were taking the piss, until they made an appearance later that night haha what a **** hole! below is a pic taken from the night.
dinner1.jpg

jase, you never know, we might try and make an appearance this year!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
jason said:
1 thing thats sticks out in my mind was hiding m0rks car at the hotal at alconbury.
too many sherberts the night before had him confused for a bit :)
got to meet brend in person at last,not seen him since.(something i said i guess)
haha the car did manage to drive itself down the field from the carpark didnt it, wonder if anyone ever found out how that happened?:cartman:

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Happy days...

I think I also still have some of the later type Seat Drivers Club stickers knocking about at home somewhere. As I recall, I had the old yellow and red "Vehicle Watch" style Seat Drivers Club stickers in my 8v when it appeared in CCC all those years ago.

And yes, Dave Clarke's enthusiastic entrance into the paddock at 2nd Alconbury in Dave Arthurton's then really rather new Ibiza 20vT sticks in my mind too. Also Scotty_P getting lost in his Toledo whilst following a trail of banana skins to Alconbury...

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
...And pictures of the TT with tufts of grass sticking out of the tyre bead, having left some monster tramlines in the grass... What *were* you thinking of running wide tyres on 15's up front and skinnies on steelies at the back m0rk?

I have fond memories of quite a few track days thinking back. Blyton with Brian wearing an eye patch, a few days at Curborough, all three Alconbury's, Bruntingthorpe...

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
hopkinsgm said:
...And pictures of the TT with tufts of grass sticking out of the tyre bead, having left some monster tramlines in the grass... What *were* you thinking of running wide tyres on 15's up front and skinnies on steelies at the back m0rk?

I have fond memories of quite a few track days thinking back. Blyton with Brian wearing an eye patch, a few days at Curborough, all three Alconbury's, Bruntingthorpe...
brian had the eye patch on for bruntingthorpe did he not? that morning made me giggle !

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
hopkinsgm said:

I'll dig out the post grass stuffing pics with the mud on the roof

But I remembered I had these online:
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid1.gif
http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/skids/skid2.gif

90mph getting lurid lift off oversteer was fun until 3 drops of rain hit the ground

44psi in the rear with 155/60/13 tyres isn't the cleverest, but it was bloody funny.

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Possibly - I may be getting a little mixed up, my memory's not all it used to be.

I think I probably am, in fact. I'm getting mixed up with another track day Brian was at with a smallish group of us, maybe 15 or 20 cars, at Blyton. SNWMAPS were late turning up - I think due to Saul snapping a wheel bolt or something. That must have been summer 2002 - I missed an hour or so of track action due to being on the phone with a potential employer having a job interview...

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
I remember the days of smartgroups....every other post was from Dave (Monkeyboy) or Alex and it would always contain profanity...mainly references to 'minty **** rub' and 'your mum'.
:lol:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Cant believe I've not seen this thread before:)

I bought my Ibiza in June 2000 and wasnt aware of any kind of 'club' until I accidently flicked through a copy of revs and stumbled across the first SDC trackday at Alconbury - I promptly joined and attended the next trackday at Alconbury 2001 and tracked the ibiza (my first trackday) Got a ride in Richardson's super 6 rally car for an extortionate £2 where i clung to the rollcage for dear life as the seatbelts wernt long enough!

Got memories of most of the above, m0rk disapearing inot the undergrowth backwards has got to be one of the funniest things ive ever seen, pissing my sides at Jasons encounter with the black panted man in dartford the morning after...classic

never felt compelled to leave really.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
It was the first year of the SCC for the 'Superprix' finale where the TV producers thought it be a good idea to choose the grid positions by joe public voting.

I must of spent a few evenings voting for spencer marsh using bogus emails, 'qualified' 4th or somthing and ended up in paddock hill gravel trap!

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
pissing my sides at Jasons encounter with the black panted man in dartford the morning after...classic

you werent the one trying to stop him (jason) climbing through the black panted mans window with his bayonet trying to gut him!

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
...I promptly joined and attended the next trackday at Alconbury 2001 and tracked the ibiza...

Do you remember the evening before?!?! Jase and Saul brawling over who was sleeping in the bed... Jase ending up on the floor in between the cupboard and sideboard. I'm sure there was a video somewhere. I know the majority of us drank far too much to be out on track that next day!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Do you remember the evening before?!?! Jase and Saul brawling over who was sleeping in the bed... Jase ending up on the floor in between the cupboard and sideboard. I'm sure there was a video somewhere. I know the majority of us drank far too much to be out on track that next day!

Nah I drove up on the day! the name of the pub/B&B is on the tip of my tongue even tho I never went there.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.