Brakes cupra k1

luke2702

Cupra K1
Aug 22, 2010
Bolton
Changing pads and discs all round on the cupra. Come accross a few problems:-

1st, unable to find correct socket to remove carrier holder for rear brakes.

2nd, ordered ds2500 from badger 5 but wrong ones have been sent anyone now the exact part number for the car.

3rd wasnt goin to change front discs but when removed found they were lipped pretty bad anyone got good recommendation for front discs.

Thanks

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
You need an m14 spline tool for the calipers

I'm currently changing my brakes for some r32 ones and have also been sent the wrong pads by euro car parts, proper pissed off, lucky I kept the ones the calipers came with, hardly anything left on them though

luke2702

Cupra K1
Aug 22, 2010
Bolton
You could always OEM discs with an elliptical groove off Bill.
Final pic in my ride thread.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396661

I have DS2500 pads up front, braided hoses and Motul fluid.
OEM rear pads and elliptical grooved rear discs. They stop the car pretty well.

What size discs is yours running?

How much did they set u bsck for fronts? Also have yiu got part number for your ds2500 as the 1st set badger has sent me dont fit mine. The ones i need have a clip on both pads, the ones badgers sent me only hav it on one of the pads.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The discs are the standard 345mm
I'm not sure on the price of the discs as I got the whole lot including rears off Bill. I also got the DS2500's from him but never opened the box as I didn't fit the lot myself.
Just email / call Bill. I'm sure he'll sort it out and give you a price :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I would stick to standard discs and pads nothing wrong with them at all , unless you are going to track the car.
Try Dave at sere for a good discount

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I used febi discs and pads with goodridge braided hoses from C&R enterprises in Nottingham when I fitted my s3 kit.

Did me a good price too!

That blue ate stuff does nothing more than dye your resovoir. Youre better of sticking with standard VW AG dot 4.

I used it for 2-3 years owning my Ibiza and the bloke I brought it off left the car stood in his garage for 6 years and it wasnt died blue at all.

It's easy for changing all the fluid tho being a different colour to standard dot brake fluid.

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
It dies mk2 Leon and mk5 golf ones. The customers were undecided as to wether they were happy about it or not but they changed back to standard fluid after feeling no difference when they used it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise