Got my Porsche reps back from powder coaters *NOW FITTED* UPDATE

Deleted member 12147

Thought I start my own thread on these after sort of taking over someone elses (sorry Garry) lol.

I bought them about a month ago but they were in need of a refurb. I've been after a set of these for about a year now they aren't produced anymore which made my search abit harder.

They are VAG fitment 5x100 et35 made by Mille Miglia, so no need for any wheel adaptors.

I just got them back today after having them refurbed in antharcite but now i'm unsure on the colour. I think they look too close to the colour of my plat grey cupra. What do you reckon?

Before the refurb:

IMG_0189.jpg

After:

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

J Mays

looking good mate, always like the porsche twists on vag cars. was after a set of Cup1 for my S3 for a while but reps are hard to find these days & genuines are crazy money.

Ewan.

Deleted member 12147

These were the pictures that inspired me to get some:

prim5.jpg

prim6.jpg

Deleted member 12147

looking good mate, always like the porsche twists on vag cars. was after a set of Cup1 for my S3 for a while but reps are hard to find these days & genuines are crazy money.

Ewan.

I was looking at the cup2's for a while but i fell for these in the end.

garry01

May 12, 2009
kent
that's a well good price , and a nice job too, powder coaters charge £50 a rim down this way, i do my own so I'm lucky but id pay £80 just for the sake of not doing them .
or is that £80 a rim?

Deleted member 12147

No £80 for the full set. cheap as chips:D I'm getting my calipers done as soon as i can be without a car. They want £20 to do the calipers.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
They look really good left my wheels with them the other day. Hoping they turn out as good as yours.

£20 for the calipers is a real deal. My mind is working overtime on when I get powder coated :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
They look really nice mate. IMO, the wheels look better the way round that they are on that red leon, not the opposite way that you tried when you trial fitted on the front without tyre.

Just my 2p

Deleted member 12147

does that mean your selling your standard wheels? lol

No sorry, thought about selling them but everytime I get a car I change the rims and sell the standard ones and wish i never had. Having a spare set of wheels comes in handy.

They look really nice mate. IMO, the wheels look better the way round that they are on that red leon, not the opposite way that you tried when you trial fitted on the front without tyre.

Just my 2p

All the spokes on the wheels point in the same direction so there is no option of having them facing one way or the other (if that makes sense)

On one side of the car the spokes will face forward and on the other they'll face backwards. If you look closer at the pics of the red car you'll see this.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
All the spokes on the wheels point in the same direction so there is no option of having them facing one way or the other (if that makes sense)

On one side of the car the spokes will face forward and on the other they'll face backwards. If you look closer at the pics of the red car you'll see this.

Don't you think it looks a little odd? Why don't they all face the same way? Its like there is 4 left sided wheels :confused:

Deleted member 12147

I know, that's just the way they've been made genuine porsche rims are the same.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members