Thoughts?

jase125

Nov 16, 2013
Hey guys. Just wondering. ... Few months ago I bought a ram air cone filter with all fixings etc. Fitted it and I don't know if it's cus I fitted the filter but it seemed to snooker blue after a few days of driving it? Would that be cus it's sucking in hot air? I had a heat sheild on but they don't do much. So atm I've put the standard box back on. But I wanna use the cone filter but just worried about the blue smoke. If I boxer the filter in so no hot air can get to it would it run better? Thanks.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
as far as i know the filter would have no affect(hot or cold) on wether the car gives out blue smoke or not.

when it did give out blue smoke, what were you doing? accelerating, decelerating, on constant throttle etc etc.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Turbo shaft piston seals worn? It could be coincidental that the blue smoke appeared at the same time as the air filter was fitted. A way to assess it would be to take the compressor intake pipe off and feel if there's any play in the shaft at all.

NVM

Oct 17, 2010
what kind of filter did you fit? did you blank any breather pipes?

jase125

Nov 16, 2013
It was a big foam ram air filter. It came with a little breather filter I fitted aswell. When I took the filter off to change it back to the standard box inside the box foam filter it smelt sort of oily/rich?

jonnyhugill

Jan 24, 2015
I personally would stay away from cone filters in general as they don't do much at all in terms of performance and the additional induction sound isn't a nice one. even so if you like it that's all that matters. got any more blue smoke since putting the standard box back on

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise