Stereo Fitting

Mikb23

Jan 26, 2015
Just a quick and simple question guys. I've tried Google but can't seem to get a definitive answer. Do you need a fitting harness to install a non-standard stereo in a 2003 Seat Ibiza?

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
You have 2 options, 1 buy a cross over adapter harness as pins 4 and 7 are switched on VAG's or 2 change pins 4 and 7 on the power harness, you can pick up an adapter harness for about £5 delivered off eBay, you will also need an iso to din Ariel adapter and you will need Mercedes style release keys to get out the stock Alana stereo, you can also use European release keys but they are harder to release the head with

Mikb23

Jan 26, 2015
Thanks Brit. I have another question though. Does anyone know if Seat Ibiza Mk4's have an issue with radio reception on after market head units? I just cannot get a signal. The guy in Halfords suggested an aerial booster which I tried. It made it better but still very poor. He though it could be down to the car itself. He fits stereos and said there are a umber of cars that simply don't like after market head units. We even tried another stereo but it had the same issue.

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
You may have a damaged Ariel cable, my Sony stereo works fine, I have trouble with one national station only because the frequency I have to use is close to a regional station frequency so sometimes I get the regional station instead of the national station

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members