PD130 with GTB2260 conversion help

leo5566

May 24, 2017
Hi everyone

first of all i hope i have posted in the right section

i need a little help

i have a GTB2260VK conversion on my ibiza pd130, along with a tubular manifold, 3" downpipe and a MAP suited for the setup

after a few months i developed a wierd issue that nobody has been able to solve yet.

when boosting in 4th 5th gear several times in a row (getting the turbo really hot), it starts to surge whilst accelerating. like, when you floor it, the boost will creep up to 1bar (2.2max in normal situation) but it will start fluctuating and you hear a LOUD "sututututut" noise

the turbo has been sent away for inspection and was discovered that the vanes had broken due to "metal objects" (so they say). so i purchased another turbo but still having same issues.

today the outside temps were 32* and the problem happens each time you boost in 4th gear or above. dont even need to do it several times in a row. so its as if only when the turbo is really hot

ive changed the MAP (3bar), Maf, 4 injectors, different air filter (now on AEM), ECU, coolant temp sensor, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, vaccum block. almost everything.

i have a original seat sport intercooler fitted too with hard pipe work supplied by darkside. also, EGR and ASV delete!

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

leo5566

May 24, 2017
Im using the gauge. i tried to get some logs with VCDS but i couldnt get a program to read the logs. i have an original cable from ross tech

r3k1355, yes this turbo is set to 2.2bars max on my map. their big turbos and can handle 2.5-2.6

leo5566

May 24, 2017
hmm i had a short log saved and managed to get vag scope to read. it seems like the MAP sensor is maxing at 2998mbar on boost and holding their whilst the problem is happening, could it be possible i need a 4bar sensor?

leo5566

May 24, 2017
Thanks for your reply

i fitted a 4 bar sensor yesterday, and as soon as starting the car it went into limp mode and logged a fault code for the map sensor. cant remember it exactly i will log it again tomorrow. was definately a range/performance code. possibly the ecu's map needs to be modified to increase the value to 4bars?

leo5566

May 24, 2017
you are right. ive just had a look now and seen that MAP linearization is set to 3bars. i will change it to 4 and flash the ecu.

i was going through the map and seen that max fueling is set at 2.2 bars which my 3 bar sensor cannot read. so you are right in saying 4bar sensor.

will keep you updated on what happens.

i wont name the company who sold me the turbo kit and map, but obviously they have it all wrong...

leo5566

May 24, 2017
yes using VAGSuite, their is a MAP Linearisation block, and the value is set to 3000 so i am assuming this is the limit.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Not for 4 BAR, that relates to the min and max of the sensor, I'll message you later with the correct linierisation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

leo5566

May 24, 2017
No luck! did everything. no more limp mode so the ECU has accepted new values but the problem still presists

so annoying! i have no idea where else to check!

leo5566

May 24, 2017
Very intresting point. Any chance you can have a look at it? i know for a fact that the SOI was modified on the map. but unfortunately working on SOI and crankshaft degree is beyond my knowledge for now!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members