insurance companies modification policies

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
is anybody in the same boat as me?

i have a leon FR 54 plate, 180bhp petrol

21....2 years ncb (1st year was spent on moms insurance)

been driving 3 years

im paying mid 1300, but they wont allow any modifications other than tints

btw im with virgin

anybody got any better suggestions?

much abliged!

Mar 5, 2007
Give elephant a shout.

Or really, when questions like these come along. PHONE EVERY ******* UNTIL YOU'RE SICK OF THE PHONE! What's gold for one person is lead for the next.

Names I heard cropping up giving good quotes though (but obviously not all for the same person):

Elephant
Admiral
Direct Line
Tesco
Greenlight
Churchill
AA

You can give confused a shot too.

Dec 19, 2006
I'm with the Natwest but my mums the policy holder (gay i know but alot cheaper then me on my own even though i will have to bite the bullet some day) and i phoned up earlier today about fitting a new set of alloys to my Leon Cupra and the bloke said yes it would cost around 264 quid a year extra and i couldn't be insured on the car so don't think i'll be doing that then lol.

Lee M

Hi Mate,

Adrian Flux or Greenlight are deff. the best bet, both gave me really competitive prices.

Steve`o

1300 quid for insurance???:confused: Bloody hell. Try elephant for insurance. They quoated me 500 fully comp for a 05 plate cupra R.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Greenlight or Sky Insurance, for sure. Greenlight were £100 cheaper than Sky for me and over £200 cheaper than the next best, who were Direct Line.

For info... I'm 23, 3 years NCB, a 56 day ban for SP60 and I pay £750 with a £300 excess.

Psymonkee

Do any of these companys do like for like replacements on modded parts?

A lot of them state that even though they take your hard earned to insure your modded car they will only repair it to standard spec :/

Not looked at insurance info for a while though :eek:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i've ALWAYS found adrian flux useless-given me the worst quotes ive ever seen, time after time

greenlight were'nt any better for me at all

think adrian flux are ok so long as your over 25

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Admiral are cheap as chips, and easy to deal with on the phone. Churchill i found are now cheaper, but customer services is:censored: and it takes for ever to get through on the phone.

Just bash away on the internet my friend.

Edit: Churchill also wanted £100 a month just to let people test drive my golf while I sell her! I wasnt even paying that when I drove her full time!

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just don't be fooled into thinking the lowest price is the best deal. Look at your excess, as there are often a couple of voluntary and compulsory excesses to be added. Then ask about their policies regarding modifications, track days, European cover etc. Obviously some of that wont matter to you, but I'm sure most people on this forum are interested in modifications of some sort so asking about that is a definite must.

For instance, Direct Line are always cheap for me, not the cheapest this time around, but still close though. But they wont cover mods if you're under 25, so they are useless to me, especially as their idea of a mod is quite strict.

Even if a policy saves you a few quid in the first place, it could cost more in the long run as it doesn't offer all the options, cover and flexibility you need!

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Esure LCR £412 fully comp, low excess.

Then again I'm 34 with a clean record and 7 years NCB.... ;)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
If your thinking about Re-maps and other proper Mods, i wouldn't even bother with the main stream companies, given your age and NCB it's not going to be nice.

I'm 24 / 5NCB / 3points / and it's £750 on a LCR with CCph1 with a few other small mods delcared.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.