Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
All i did was remove the centre grille from the bumper and pop out the 's' badge. The actual bits i painted red are attached to the grille and not to the chrome badge. The only red paint i had hanging around was the paint that i used to do my brake callipers, Might not be the most suitable paint but it did the job. 2 coats with a touch up brush and it was done.

Cheers Scott

That quote is from earlier on in this thread... i had loads of people asking me how i did it! I redesigned the badge and grille recently and painted the red bits with proper spray paint. I have to say thou that the calliper paint was much easier to use as it's thicker than normal paint.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers danmay....sorry ad-dan! lol. Mirrors aren't quite as shiney as i want, might have to try n polish them up a bit

jamesmacc

Mar 6, 2008
i want a cupra front bumper but i have the facelift front bumper on mine just now,am i right in thinking that the fogs from my bumper will not fit the cupra/new fr one

Amit K

mate your fogs from your pre facelift bumper will definately fit your cupra bumper, but not a fr bumper, ive got fogs from a pre facelift bumper in my cupra bumper.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
dont let your driveway stop you :lol:

IMG_6850.jpg

litrally lifts the bumper up but it doesnt damage it :think: im actually lower than in this pic now so can only turn 1 way out of the drive now :doh:

is ur number plate a 3/4 sized plate, are they legal cause i fancy them when i change the bumper

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
Nice, realy like those wheels, have you lowerd it?, i also wanted 17" but heard i had to lower it otherwise the drive would be crap, also can any one tell me the price of that cupra bumper from a seat dealer? with the grill and the fog lights and a rough price on painting it?

vRS ARB, bushes and Cupra wishbone bushes, how much did they cost, and how much did it cost to fitt?

thanks for the help.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i payed about £280 ish all in for bumper and painting, but that was getting it at cost prices not retail, so a dont know how much more your lookin at

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
wazb – No I haven’t lowered my car yet. The handling isn’t too bad actually, as the rolling radius is the same due to my 17” having a lower profile tyre than the 16”.

I bought my Cupra bumper off a member on here for £200 painted as well! From Seat I think your looking at about £220 for the bumper primed and the new grilles. Painting will vary from £75 to about £150.

vRS ARB and bushes cost me £58 from Skoda and the Cupra wishbone bushes were £8 each.

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
cool thanks for the info, will proberly get 16" but defiently made up my made about the colour of the alloys love that dark grey, i aslo have a lunay grey ibiza, also how much did it cost to fit the bushes, this mechancic gave me a quote of £350.

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
Any one know where i can buy wheels with a similer colour? been searching for a while and cant find any.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
mixupz –

6LL 407 183 Cupra front wishbone rear bush x2

6Q0 411 305 AC ARB kit from Skoda. I think it includes the bushes.

wazb- I re-sprayed mine that colour as they were originally silver. You should however be able to find some a similar colour. Have you looked at Kei alloys?
Also have a look at this site

http://shop.street-racers.co.uk/default.php?cPath=1

Loads of choice and the prices aren’t bad either.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Nope...you'll need 5x100. I'm sure Kei do the force 10s in a 5x100 fitment thou.

Personally the smallest i'd go would be 16". If your budget can stretch to it defo go for 17" you won't regret it :)

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
i would get 17" but i live in an area with alot of speed bumps, and i dont want to be slowing down to a snails pace every time i want to get over them.